·
Registered
1,724 Posts
internaly yes, the intake is a little diferent but thats it

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cos' 2.3 engine has got balance shaft...if a 2.0 engine wanna use a 2.3 sroker...just need to directly replace or should do something related to balance shaft? From what I saw on NA power stage 3 thread..no balance shaft seems better

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I don't see why you would need the balance shaft seeing as how a lot of people remove their balance shafts with the benefit of like 18lbs of weight reduction (small fraction of that weight is rotational).

The downside is a marginal amount of added vibration, possible accelerated wear on engine mounts, and slightly increased engine temperature. (Perhaps due to the loss of metal that acts as a heatsink)

I ultimately decided to keep my BSD in because I'd get whining from my passengers if I add more vibration. :)

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
you can barely feel a vibration. who cares what your passengers think. do they pay your note every month?

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
not me. when they start paying for my car, then they can get mad that the car vibrates a small insignifcant amount more.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
In my case, my family put $5,000 towards my car, plus I'm living under their support.

I also have a 2 year old, 4 year old nephew/niece and other passengers that go in my car, and they hate it when bumps hit hard like they did with my S-techs.

I got rid of my engine mount inserts, s-techs... But I might get sway bars at least. :)

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
you're not going to notice a single thing with the swaybars. the kind of driving you would have to do to put them to use would have your family flying around the backseat.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So if 2.0 engine wanna use 2.3 stroker...then just replace the stroker...that's it.right? Cos there is no Balance shaft in 2.0 engine..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts