Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st to 2nd gear automatic tranny problem

When the car is cold it shifts from 1st to 2nd badly, it pulls. The other gears are ok and after a while when the car get warmer the pulling form 1st to 2nd stops. Anybody know what might be the reason and the solution. Yesterday I changed the transmission oil and hoped that that will help. It reduced the pull a little, but it still pulls when it is cold. I am pretty worried and not able to pay a lot of money to fix it at that moment.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Re: 1st to 2nd gear automatic tranny problem

sounds like a very common problem. Rough shifting from 1-2 right? Did you change all the tranny fluid, or just a drain and refill?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

[quote author=bulletcatcher829 link=topic=138355.msg2981985#msg2981985 date=1236547042]
sounds like a very common problem. Rough shifting from 1-2 right? Did you change all the tranny fluid, or just a drain and refill?
[/quote]
I just drained and refilled it.

·
Registered
87 Posts

I had the same problem in my 05 3S in cold weather. First few shifts were harsh,changed fluid and still the same . Took it to the dealer with TSB info and problem solved. This shouldn't cost more than $100 if you are out of warranty.

·
Registered
269 Posts

I had the dealer do the flash for me, but it still happens.
I dunno. It's not that big of a deal to me, really.

·
Registered
20 Posts

any updates? I'm having the same problem.Mine is a 2005 also.

Please help, I thinking to take it to the dealer to do a Tranmission Flush but I know also about the other document to load the software .The only problem is that my factory warranty is out and I have an extended warranty.

Thank you guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts