Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting tired of the black out look and graphite/dark wheels. So im changing up my car this year, starting with the wheels. I used duplicolor metalcast red.

· Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been looking through all the new rims coming out this year. A lot of manufactures are offering red this year.

This color is supposed to look anodized. So it's kind of hard to get in a picture. They seem a little darker in person than in the pics.

· Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Looks interesting. I used that same paint on my calipers but it looks different than in your pictures. Not sure if its the pictures or if its actually that different... did you use the metalcast basecoat or did you just paint directly on top of the original finish?

Two suggestions though - paint calipers black (if they're not already black, hard to tell from the pics lol)
Paint the mazda logo in the centercap black

· Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I did use the metal cast base before spraying it. I put the color on kind of heavy because I was afraid of them looking pink. Everyone that has seen them in person says that they look "blood red". But like I said, it's really hard to capture the color in a pic.

Ya my calipers are already black but it's a flat black. I'm going to re-do those as well with a gloss black.

· Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Yes I did use the metal cast base before spraying it. I put the color on kind of heavy because I was afraid of them looking pink. Everyone that has seen them in person says that they look "blood red". But like I said, it's really hard to capture the color in a pic.

Ya my calipers are already black but it's a flat black. I'm going to re-do those as well with a gloss black.
Ah ok. Yeah, I used metalcast basecoat on my old mz3 calipers and it looked blood red too, but it was easier to take pictures of since there is less light (so less reflections/highlights).

Like so:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.