Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi family, I recentley purchased a 2008 Mazda 3 S Touring Hatchback and one of the 1st Modification I wanted to do on the vehicle was LED Tail Lights and change of Headlights, now I don't know if I'm the only one who sees that there is 0 to Non after market lights for the HB version, there are many in the market for the sedan but non for the HB any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Yup, you're right, there are no options for hatchbacks and I don't ever think anyone ever made any, even when the mazda3 was in season.

I don't know for sure, but educated guess says they never sold the hatchback in China and no aftermarket was developed for it.

·
Registered
15,653 Posts
There were some aftermarket LED tail lights made at some point..... spyder lights or something. They made them for the sedan first then the hatchback. They were the ones with the really large chrome circle around the small reverse light which made it look like the reverse light was huge. I was ever a big fan of the look myself.

For the headlights there were never any full housings for the hatchback that I know of. Maybe one with really crappy reviews in performance.

I did what the posted above mentioned, swapped in a clear lens on the projector, trimmed the tab off the shield, and put in a kit. Later on theretrofitsource came out with a drop in bracket with a real HID projector which you could bolt the high beam reflector to. Was basically a bolt in swap for a HID projector. I’d already done my mods by then so I didn’t spend the money on them. Not sure if they still offer them or not.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I am junking my 2004 hatchback...I have headlights you may b interested in...painted all black inside/ angel eyes on highs and low beams...lens spray tinted...PM me if interested and I'll send u some pics

·
Registered
481 Posts
I am junking my 2004 hatchback...I have headlights you may b interested in...painted all black inside/ angel eyes on highs and low beams...lens spray tinted...PM me if interested and I'll send u some pics
Please drop me a PM. I'm looking for some stuff for my 2006 Hatchback.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts