Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as subject states, has anyone managed to fit (or even try to fit) 19 inch rims to a mazda3? from what i have been able to research so far it should be possible running a 215/35/19 tyre

also has anyone lowered thier mazda3 yet? my goal is to lower it 2 inches and fit 19's....for an idea what this would look like check this.

http://users.on.net/preuter/mazda3.jpg

is that sweet or what ??????

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here's the answer to your question:

What will fit for any 2004 Mazda 3:

Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3 (5x4.5)
Offset: 40 to 50mm
Rims: up to 19x8.0.
Tires: up to 235x660mm
Original tires on base model: 195/65-15 (195x635mm)

Judging by your willingness to put 19" on your ride, you're obviously not from Montreal. (Montrealers will get me) :wink:

I initially bought 18x7.5 for my car, but had to switch'em for 17x7 because the "!/$% streets of MTL look like swiss cheese :roll: all year long.

I hope Australian roads are nicer, otherwise, good luck!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Ya, and I wonder what the ride will feel like with 215/35 tires on a 19" rim through a suspension that's been dropped 2".

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I think "not pleasant" would be the correct answer :)

I think 19" tires in this car is what I would classify under "Modding Just Cuz..."

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
australian roads by the sounds of it are much better quality than what u guys have to deal with, but then again the fuel prices here are alot higher, probably cos of all the tax the goverment takes out of fuel price to pay for the roads lol

ever since the first car i ever bought i have always done the sames mods, lowering and at least +2 in rim size, some people dont like it or even understand why someone like me does it.....personally i do it cos of the look and the way it feels on the road

i currently have a subaru wrx which is 2 inches lower and runs 215/35/18, sure the ride is firm but thats the way i and many other people like to mod thier cars....... i could go with 18's but so many other people have already done it so why not go for 19's ? ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TitaniumGT3 said:
Here's the answer to your question:

What will fit for any 2004 Mazda 3:

Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3 (5x4.5)
Offset: 40 to 50mm
Rims: up to 19x8.0.
Tires: up to 235x660mm
Original tires on base model: 195/65-15 (195x635mm)

Judging by your willingness to put 19" on your ride, you're obviously not from Montreal. (Montrealers will get me) :wink:

I initially bought 18x7.5 for my car, but had to switch'em for 17x7 because the "!/$% streets of MTL look like swiss cheese :roll: all year long.

I hope Australian roads are nicer, otherwise, good luck!
215/35/19 on 19x7.5 is almost a perfect match for the standard 17 inch wheels (205/50/17) so i have no doubts it will actually fit :)

do you happen to have any pics of your car with 18's on ?

here in australia the top of the range model is the SP23 (ie 2.3 litre 'sporty' model) is it also called the SP23 in usa and canada or something else?....since most of the people on this forum are american or canadian might be easier for me to use your model numbers to avoid confusion all the time if they are in fact named differently.

thx

·
Registered
71 Posts
The Canadian equivalent of the SP23 is the Mazda 3 GT Sport (top trim level hatchback) as for the American market, it's called the 3 S.

Unfortunately, I do not have pics of the 18", but will shortly provide pics with my new 17" (not as nice, I agree, but still enjoyable)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Judging by your willingness to put 19" on your ride, you're obviously not from Montreal. (Montrealers will get me)
Toronto is becoming like that too (THE absolute worst road in Toronto is right near my house). For that reason I opted for 17x7 and 45 series (I think - I pick them up on Saturday) tires. I was hoping to 18x7.5 with 40 series tires but better judgement won out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do yall think I can fit a 225 or 235-35-19 on my 3?
what is the widest you can go with some 18's? maybe
a 235-45??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JseN! said:
Do yall think I can fit a 225 or 235-35-19 on my 3?
what is the widest you can go with some 18's? maybe
a 235-45??
going any larger in width without being able to go down in aspect ration means youll greatly increase the circumference of the wheel which will effect performance of the car......i wouldnt go larger than what i mentioned before 215/35/19

·
Registered
126 Posts
i have 18s on mine 235x18 if i lowered 2 inches you would have to roll guards. 215 should be fine. i reserve my thoughts till i see one with 19s.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The problem with 19 inch wheels is that you are going to feel for negative effects in the performance rather than positive. The thing you will experience the most is worse braking. The wheels will be heavier and thus more weight for the car to stop. I would say that 18 inch wheels would work great for the 3. I think Im just going to spend my cash on performance rubber rather than upgraded wheels.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mazda S/Sport/SP23 with 19 inches wheels without lowering may look like this....

(new Mazda MPV) LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts