Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KBB.com says it's worth $2,000 in the condition it's in now, though that's in the eye of the beholder. I've reduced it from $1,200 to $800.00 firm. I'm willing to work out a deal on the payments, too (either 4, 3 or 2 pymts,) so that it's easier in this economy. Also, I'm willing to consider trades for anything of similar value. This is a very solid car with no rust than runs and shifts excellent. 106,000 miles on the drivetrain. 4.6L with a 4-spd overdrive automatic. I've owned it since around 80,000 mi. and I was told I'm the 3rd owner. I never researched it, though, so that could be wrong. I know the last two owners were old men, one being a preacher.

Since it's purchase, I've only ran Valvoline FULL SYNTHETIC (not blended) 5w-30 High-Mileage oil and 93-octane fuel. It has 4-wheel ABS with a traction-control program to prevent the rear-wheels from slipping. I never got stuck. I drove it daily to work & once down to Charleston, SC (10 hrs both ways) without ANY issues whatsoever.

I got 27mpg higway.

I averaged 19-20mpg mixed going to work every day (front New Eagle to McKeesport) It's 38 mi. round-trip and about 1/3 of that is 55 mph cruising, the rest is thru Clairton, Dravosburg and part of McKeesport around 30 mph. Used to be my baby, but then I found an AMC Eagle to work on/with (my first car was an Eagle,) and most-recently bought a Mazda MazdaSpeed3 :D ... so now I need to make room.

New:
Alternator.
Goodyear Gatorback serp. belt.
Front discs.
Front pads (bonded).
Rear discs.
Rear pads (bonded).
Trans filter (and was flushed).
Oil (obviously, but I wanted to mention that I flushed the engine, too.)
Limousine shocks (stiffens body roll without affecting ride comfort.)
Fog-lights wired to shut off with high-beams (req'd for PA inspection.)

Needs:
Pitman arm ( $38 + labor )
Windshield chip repaired ( $20 )
Parking brake cable ( $150~ish was the last quote )
Parking brake shoes ( $25 - inside rear discs )
Turn signal switch ( $100~ish - known issue w/ these cars )
Inspection

Doesn't need, but could use:
Cleaned :p
Replacement imitation convertible top.
Dayton wire wheels re-finished or replaced.
New paint.
One rear interior trim panel re-attached ( needs clips. )
3 window regulators (known issue in these cars.)

That's everything I can think of. Feel free to ask lots of questions - I'm an open book on it.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Give it to me on payments I'll come pick it up haha

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha crap. I forgot about this thread.

The AMC is yours for $3,500. Oh, p.s. - it's wrecked on the passenger side. :)

Otherwise this thread can be locked up - car's gone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.