Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about picking up a set of used 19" silver wheels and

painting/powdercoating the lip white to match my paint. I have seen

other people do this on cardomain but I dont know if it would look

good on the 3. Thanx for any feedback

·
Registered
386 Posts
Im not sure white lip is good with a silver center , I like it contrast ....but it's just me.

be aware of the big wheels....tons of hater here....anything bigger than 18 will be criticize ..

do a photoshop if you can.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Your info says your 3 is red, though...

If you want white then I would say go solid white or a dark color with a white lip. And you may want to stick with 18 inches, but to each his own I suppose...

·
Registered
871 Posts
well 1st off im gonna say that you cant powdercoat just the lip, so thats out of the question. 2nd if u like the color scheme do it. 3rd 19's would look clean as shit if they will fit

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
[quote author=Jonp link=topic=133867.msg2878346#msg2878346 date=1232498304]
well 1st off im gonna say that you cant powdercoat just the lip, so thats out of the question. ...
[/quote]

oooh how wrong you are...not even a question about it...you can powdercoat just the lip if you know what you are doing.

·
Registered
503 Posts
[quote author=Jonp link=topic=133867.msg2878346#msg2878346 date=1232498304]
well 1st off im gonna say that you cant powdercoat just the lip, so thats out of the question. 2nd if u like the color scheme do it. 3rd 19's would look clean as shit if they will fit
[/quote]

you can just powdercoat the LIP I should know I've done it myself

·
Registered
871 Posts
oh really? cuz i was told by 3 local shops i couldnt get it done. any pics?

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
I dont have any on this computer..but I know you can do it....in the interest of fulfilling your need to see proof just look at blue wonder! (zoomzoom820's ride)

dont mean to steal any thunder zoomzoom so if you have any better shots by all means...

·
Registered
871 Posts
haha yea...sorry if i came off as a dick but yea, whn some 1 says im wrong i like to see stuff....and now that i think about it a pic proves nothing really. that could be regular paint (and it looks like it is because the color on the car matches so well) but i dont know because its a picture on the internet.

but that car is pretty hot....is there a ''build'' thread for that car?

·
Registered
871 Posts
[quote author=bpboiler3 link=topic=133867.msg2878522#msg2878522 date=1232501822]
haha any dude with 'e-thuggin yo threads bitch' in his sig I dont really take too too seriously so its all good :)

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=111033.0
[/quote]

yea E-thuggin fo life fo sho playboi

^^ thanksfo link

·
Registered
871 Posts
yea it will. only thing to worry about is the dicks that mount/dismount the tires. Just tell them if they scratch em they gotta buy u new ones =)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.