Mazda3 Forums banner

18x7.5", 5x114.3, +42 offset: Will it fit?

12K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  rolsmi1 
#1 ·
Hello,

Sorry for having to start a new thread, but I just hope that someone could help me determine whether such a wheel will fit the Mazda3 Sport GT.

As stated in the subject, the rims are 18x7.5" with a bolt pattern of 5x114.3 and an offset of +42. I just picked up my car today so I am a newbie to everything about this car. I saw a set of used rims with these specs on the internet and I am considering it. I think these rims were for a late model Nissan 240SX.

Do you guys think that it will fit without any mods? Or do I have to add some spacers? or would it rub with no hope of installing them on the 3?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
The MZ3 oem are 17x6.5-52.5mm

Given that 1 inch = 25.4mm:
(25.4/2)+(52.5-42) = 12.7 + 10.5 = 23.2mm closer to the fender
(25.4/2)- (52.5-42) = 12.7 - 10.5 = 2.2mm closer to the shock.

The 2.2mm closer to the shock is very likely not an issue but being about an inch closer to the fender may be a problem. It also depends on the tires size.

I have similar concerns on my sedan, I will try to figure out today the current oem fender clearance...

#3 ·
Thanks very much for your help!

The seller has 225/40/18 on those rims right now. But the tire brand i have never heard of. So I will see if he could sell it without the tires.

Just one more concern... how is the factory warranty affected by changing the wheels on my car?

#11 ·
now the rack lists 215/40/18 as the correct fitment..there are very few (expensive) tires made in that size hmm.
iv had good luck with 205/40/17 khumo 712 on a 98 civic
i used toyo t1s previously on the civic,they were noisy,expensive ..not worth twice the price of th khumo !

#12 ·
to bring this back up to question, i was looking at that miata tire calculator and it seems like 225/40/18 would be .1% too slow on the speedometer reading, while the size that tirerack recommends is 2.2% too slow...so wouldnt it be a wiser choice to go with the 225/40/18 tire size?

also....since its been a while since this topic was brought up, would these specs fit on our mazda3s sedan:

18x7.5 wheel w/ 5x114.3 bolt pattern, i dont know where it says the offset on wheelmax; but if you could suggest what it SHOULD be please do so!... these rims will be accompanied by 225/40/18 tires. just wanted anyones input on this.

#16 ·
To get the offset from Wheelmax you have to call them. Also, Wheelmax does usually use well-known name brand tires in their packages. If you are going to buy from them I would do it over the phone. Ask them about your tire brand choices and what offsets are available in the wheel you want. If you are going with an 18x7.5 I would suggest a +48 or +45 offset. Wheelmax will give you a total package price over the phone with no obligation to purchase. Call and get a price quote and then shop around.

#23 ·
Just remember that T/R's "correct fitment" assumes stock suspension, and they won't guarantee fitment if you're lowered. ET42 pushes the 7.5" wide wheel/tire out 23mm (.90") towards the fender. And with 18" wheels, your 3 will look terrible if not lowered. The larger the wheel diameter, the more pronounced the wheel well gap becomes (different issue, I know). And, if lowered, ET42 could cause rubbing. If lowering, stay in the ET45-48 range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.