Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just wondering How 18" rims will go on a mz3?

Will rider comfort be hugely compromised?

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
126 Posts
if they are wider, yeh more tread on road better traction.

yes it should be more ridged but i wouldnt think much diffrence seeing the sp23 are standard with 17s, i will let you know in a few days. :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
18" wheels would probably look awesome but I don't know how practicle they'd be on Sydney roads. With 18's you'd have to get 225/40/18 tyres or similar which don't offer too much protection from pot-holes and subsequent bent wheels. You might also find that because they are so wide they rub on the inside of the guards.

But then again if you have the money, want better steering response, better cornering ability, big wheels and liquorice thin tyres....you may as well get them.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Bigger the wheel....bigger the tyre.....bigger the friction....bigger the fuel usage :?:

·
Registered
519 Posts
they would look awfully good... but probably not for sydney roads...

now who was it that had the rx8 18" fitted to their incoming mazda3....

·
Registered
176 Posts
I really wanna see the RX8 rims fitted to the 3.

They are adding another 1.5" in width if this can be done without modification to the guards I will be impressed

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Shaund...

Be sure to post pics once its done!!! :D :D :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel ur pain shaund...

Make sure u feel our pain and posts the PICS as soon as you get them on!

did you get the right offsets for ur rims?

·
Registered
126 Posts
mb- yeah everything is right. just got a phone call from dealer. they just had my rims/tyres on another SP23 in the lot.. they just rang to tell me HOW F*#kEN HOT THEY LOOK..

they suggested i might have to get the rear gards rolled if im going to taking a full load.. wait and see i guess.

Mazda Australia have requested pictures from the dealer with the rims on.. must be a first in the country.

got the wheels - not the car yet. whats the logic in that!?! only a few days to go...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that sounds awesome shaund!!!! ima jealous lol...

Are you the one thats getting the rx8 wheels put on the mz3??

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi what width are the RX8 wheels because I have just been told by a tyre place that 18inch rims will not fit on the 3 (without modification).

I REALLY WANT 18's :evil:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What sort of mods???

Like rolling the guards???

Or pumping the guards???

Where did u go to ask?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts