Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the rims I have on my car:

I was planning to switch to Muteki SR35 Closed End Lug Nuts 12x1.5 because the closed, chrome lug nuts are a problem. Andy's site says these are a fit for the MZ3.

I found these same lug nuts on e-Bay with the following advisory when I checked fitment:
FOR AFTERMARKET WHEEL WITH ACORN/TAPERED SEAT ONLY ( DO NOT FIT OEM WHEEL )
If I understand right, these are not for the OEM steel rims but should fit the stock aluminum 17s. Can anyone confirm this is correct?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can confirm that acorn syle lug nuts are what stock Mazda 3 Aluminum wheels use. The Steel wheels of base model may use something else but almost all cars these days use acorn lugs to help center the wheel. You should be set to order either one of those given the thread/size is correct.
That's what I was thinking. Thanks, Adam. I'll report back when my order arrives.:smile2:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lug nuts arrived and have been installed.

It's a bit stupid that the socket needed for the key is larger than the socket needed for the lug nuts. Also, the Mazda manual specs call for ~60-ft/lbs for the lug nuts while these call for 75 - 85-ft/lbs. Never mind the fact that the tire place where I buy & have my wheels rotated loves to torque them around 100-ft/lbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts