The brochure states:

Mazda3i 4-door:
16" alloy wheels with P205/55R16 H-Rated

Mazda3s 4/5-door Sport Package:
17" alloy wheels with P205/50R17 V-Rated w/side sill extentions

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Goodyear RS-A... not the best tire, but eh....

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
vaBooM said:
Goodyear RS-A... not the best tire, but eh....
You lost me.... My tire says Dunlop.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Goodyears is on the 17".

Btw, which 3 did you get?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Actually that Toyo appears to be a 16". There's a good comparison graphic found in this thread: http://www.mazda3forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=880

Perhaps it has to do with location in the country? Not sure how that would work cuz the cars are shipped over with their tires already on, but who knows, might have to do with assembly date or assembly location if there are multiple factories.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Yeah? I thought that the was silver sedan they were looking at, and in a shot a few photos before the silver sedan had a sport's package equiped.

·
Registered
272 Posts
This silver has 16" wheels, no side skirts, but has sport bumpers and black taillight. Some sort of hybrid GT, probably from someone's request.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
That's definately a customized delivery (as I saw, the poster's location was in Massachusetts, USA?). Here the black tail lights come with an 2.3L S engine package. However, the sport bumpers are only included on the sports package. Definately fooled me...

·
Registered
114 Posts
rpc180 said:
That's definately a customized delivery (as I saw, the poster's location was in Massachusetts, USA?). Here the black tail lights come with an 2.3L S engine package. However, the sport bumpers are only included on the sports package. Definately fooled me...
No.

The Bumpers you are calling "sports" are included in the s package, all 3s (as opposed to the 3i) have that bumper and the blacked tails. The only thing that the SPORT package includes (in the US) is the 17" wheels AND the side sill Extensions. So that Silver 3s is not a customized delivery or a dealer swap. This is an available equipment package for the 3s 4Door (only). The 5 door comes with 17's, side sills, "sport" bumpers, and blacked tails.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Well I'll be damned!

This whole time I thought they were Dunlop, just like on the P5. Sure enough, it says Goodyear Eagle on it.

So, if my dealer only had Toyo and Dunlop warranty info in my delivery package, what kind of warranty comes on the Goodyear?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Damn, I stand corrected! I gotta stop posting... :?

·
Registered
31 Posts
tires

is it possible to have full size 17" tires put on to replace the low profile tires? Sorry I'm not one for the tech/mechanical aspects of cars.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I don't see why not. Who knows what it will run you....

Honestly, I don't think the Goodyear's look that low profile. But that could also be because this is my first car with 17" wheels too.

·
Registered
947 Posts
50 series for tires between 185mm and 225mm wide are on the line of being called low profile. Some companies call 55 series tires low profile, but I just chuckle. I think 50 series gives the best combination of handling and comfort. Note that as the tire becomes wider, you can run a lower series tire and still maintain ride quality.

There is nothing about low profile tire that says it's not a full size tire. A low profile tire like the 17s we have is a full size tire. A compact spare tire is not a "full size" tire. In fact, I think the Mazda3s come with a low profile compact tire. Confused yet?

In any case, just stick with the stock tire size. It's a good match for the vehicle and power.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I'm not changing anything....yet. I already paid for the tires somewhere, I'm going to burn them up before I drop money for new ones (Pirelli has always been a favorite of mine). Don't know if they will make a high performance tire though, there's not one for the 6 yet in their fit guide.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I tossed on some Falken 512 tires for $167CND each. 215/50R17. Works well.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts