Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have question to ask. I went the dealership the other day just to check out some 3's and I noticed that all the 3s sedans that were there, had 16" wheels as the biggest ones, (this include the ones that had the sport package). I thought 17" was an option that is available on both the 3s sedan and hatchback? Is the the same for everyone else? Cause I noticed that some people have the 17" on there profiles and I am just wondering if that is another package or somthing. Thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
In the US, 17's are not an option, they are standard. If you saw a hatch in Minnesota, those wheels were 17's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Are you sure they had the addition sport package? It adds the sill extensions and the 17" wheels but is an additional $500 on top of the price of the standard 3s model. If it has the optional sport package than it should have the 17" wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, from what I noticed the ones with the sport package should have the 17's on there, but when I looked at the sticker, all of the sedans I looked at said 16 inches. Which I thought was really wierd. I guess I will probably have to talk to the sales person when I go buy mine next month about this. Thanks for the info though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, the 16' and 17' have the same look, and 3s sedan come with 16' as standard, could option to 17', while all 3Htachback come with 17' as standard.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Actually the 16's and 17's have slightly different looks. I'm not sure how to describe it best. The 16's have the lugnuts off the center of the rim (between the spokes) whereas the 17's have the lugnuts in the center (in line with the spokes). There is a picture around here somewhere comparing the 3 wheel sizes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts