Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an M3 Hatch in Titanium. It's a 5spd with the ABS/Airbag, Leather, 6cd and moonroof packages. Put 100 miles on it last night and couldn't get over the handling! Noticed some minor grooves on the rear rotors, but what else is new... Otherwise, so far so good!

Bought it on SPLAN through Mazda Gallery in Norwood, MA.

Adam

EDIT: Added colour to title :twisted:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got mine on Splan too. I got mine in Milwaukee, WI. Did you get hit with a $139.00 advertisement fee or something like that? It sounded shadey to me so I made them take half of that and their $99.00 service fee off. I got basically the same package you did except I got the Xenon lights instead of the leather, I liked the Black/red cloth better. Anyways I got mine out the door for $19, 065.00 including tax, title, registration, and destination charge. is that close to what you paid? Just curious.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pricing

Galileo:

Yes, I paid right around the same that you did. I got hit with a $250 "Boston Assessment," which is basically an advertising fee with a funky name. It was on the invoice and none of the dealers that I spoke with would move on it.

I'll get on the brakes, but I think I'll wait until around the 1K mark - that way they'll look so bad they dealer won't be able to say "that's normal wear and tear."

Adam

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome to the board, hope to see you cruising around town. I've seen two HB's but no sedans. What's up with that, where are my Beantown MZ3 lover's at.
Go Pats! :D

·
Registered
420 Posts
Galileo said:
I got mine on Splan too. I got mine in Milwaukee, WI. Did you get hit with a $139.00 advertisement fee or something like that? It sounded shadey to me so I made them take half of that and their $99.00 service fee off. I got basically the same package you did except I got the Xenon lights instead of the leather, I liked the Black/red cloth better. Anyways I got mine out the door for $19, 065.00 including tax, title, registration, and destination charge. is that close to what you paid? Just curious.
You guys should have studied up on the rules before buying...

:!: :arrow: "The dealership may NOT charge separately for document preparation or other administrative services incidental to the delivery of the vehicle. These expenses are considered to be part of the dealer's normal cost of doing business for which the dealership is compensated by the commission paid.".......Ford Partner Recognition Program.

·
Registered
526 Posts
yep I read that too on fordpartners.com...they jipped ya!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hummm

I'll print that off the Ford Partners website and fax it to the dealer. Maybe I can get a check...

Thanks for the tip!
Adam

·
Registered
32 Posts
BMM3 said:
Galileo said:
You guys should have studied up on the rules before buying...

:!: :arrow: "The dealership may NOT charge separately for document preparation or other administrative services incidental to the delivery of the vehicle. These expenses are considered to be part of the dealer's normal cost of doing business for which the dealership is compensated by the commission paid.".......Ford Partner Recognition Program.
I sent an email to Ford about this and here is the response:

"Documentation fees are specifically excluded with Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles. However the premium brands, such as Land Rover, Mazda, Volvo, and Jaguar, may at the direction of their brand's corporate management charge additional fees. Please consult your dealer for additional clarification and assistance."

So it's at their discretion...

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I'm surprised Ford considers Mazda a premium brand, but not Lincoln. ODD!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats Palma! Yesterday for the first time since i got my car in Jan, I finally saw a titanium hatch (or any colored hatch) .. who knows it could have been yours!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts