Mazda3 Forums banner

130 Degree Lambo Doors

3K views 46 replies 16 participants last post by  sh1bby69 
#1 ·
Ok so I have read many threads pertaining to this topic alot of negative and positive about it. I dont care if you think its rice or not. I am interested in it for the uniqueness in the mazda community.. I also happen to have a family member who can make anything out of metal and I want to know if anyone is able to get me a schematic ( drawing ) up close picture or something of a set of hinges that create the lambo doors for cars not trucks. I am going to have him use my car to create the kit and hopefully by summertime ill have lambo doors and the ability to sell the kit to yall for cost of materials + a lil time.

Post in here if your interested... If your not interested in this please dont post as I dont care about the opinions you have against the product I just want the people who want or are interested in a kit. I am going for the 130 degree + gas shocks to make it super light/easy to open the door and easy to get out and in.

------no flaming please just positive if you want to flame fill my PM box with it if you like. :)

#2 ·
No offence but I think it's going to be pretty hard to make a proper kit by just fabricating one. If your seriously committed to making a kit I suggest buying a cheaper priced kit and then copying the design. I'm in either way.

#4 ·
[quote author=roddy link=topic=68727.msg1188623#msg1188623 date=1170722926]
you've got my support man. try fabricating auto loc's designs.
[/quote]

agreed, keep us up to date man, good luck

#7 ·
[quote author=roddy link=topic=68727.msg1188780#msg1188780 date=1170728067]
id be in for suicide rears :)
[/quote]

no doubt....i was thinking about doing it, and on the hatch i would have to do some major cutting and welding...im gonna try to find someone who knows someone so i can get a slight hook up on it...paying for that labor at a shop would not even be worth it.

itd end up being like 1000 dollars easy.

#8 ·
i might be interested, but i'm kinda picky about what i get, so take lots of pics, and maybe a vid of opening/closing. it would be nice and unique if you can motorize it, so they open and swing by themselves. plus i agree with the suicide door idea, it looks wierd to me with one set of doors lambo, and the others normal. Actually, you know what would be freakin sweet!!! all doors lambo!!!! Dude, you'd be a hero/legend man.

Anyways, keep us posted on the process man. can't wait to see the end-product. And good luck with it.

#21 ·
[quote author=sh1bby69 link=topic=68727.msg1189619#msg1189619 date=1170775209]
evildeadfan thanks for using my pic...sorry to sound like a jerk but ask next time and keep my lil tag on there off to the corner (Clover and my Name). Don't photochop it out. I've had too many problems with people using my images...
[/quote]

I can delete it right now if you'de like?

#24 ·
[quote author=EvilDeadFan link=topic=68727.msg1189717#msg1189717 date=1170778666]
[quote author=sh1bby69 link=topic=68727.msg1189619#msg1189619 date=1170775209]
evildeadfan thanks for using my pic...sorry to sound like a jerk but ask next time and keep my lil tag on there off to the corner (Clover and my Name). Don't photochop it out. I've had too many problems with people using my images...
[/quote]

I can delete it right now if you'de like?
[/quote]

no it's ok just need to ask thats it :) now lets back on topic sorry auxone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.