Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First post, short time reader (1 hour), first time poster and all that ;)

I have done a few searches and have found a bit of good information, but not quite what I'm looking for. Most people here seem to either not care, or actually want their Mazda to be louder and "sportier".

I'll give you the background. Some son of a *cough* stole my 12.1s Evo 6 a few weeks ago. As I only used it for weekenders and race days, of course, I didn't insure it :( I still have my daily, a 14.2s NA Pulsar, but I think I want to get rid of it and replace it with one newer car. I'm leaning towards a 3 MPS. I'm going to inspect 3 2nd hand ones this weekend, and just choose the best one, unless someone convinces me to look at a 6 MPS or something similar before the weekend.

As you might imagine, I'm not ever going to be satisfied with a stocker, but after experiencing 87dB in-cabin noise at idle, and a girlfriend who doesn't enjoy the hard ride quality of a race car :hugglez: (Not all bad :lol:), I want to modify a car that will still be quick, but not race car like.

I am personal friends with the owner of Hybrid Development International, so I get parts for personal use for very cheap, so kw per dollar is not very high on my priority list. Most important is get it quick, without raising noise. My thoughts on mods initially is:

Hybrid Tube and Fin Intercooler, and possible mandrel intake piping (have yet to see the intake)
K&N Panel filter, leaving stock air box in there for noise attenuation
Hybrid boost controller (possibly use the water injection feature?) - How much boost can you raise stock on 98RON?
Hybrid ECU (Not yet released to the public)
Possibly a mild cam upgrade?

Is there anything else I can do to the car to help me get towards 13 seconds, without degrading the quietness of the car?

Thanks in advance for any advice or opinion.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey mate,

Have you had a look at OZMAZDACLUB.COM ?

Because its an Aussie forum, it might be better at helping you source the parts you need.

Also, as far as I know, you cant upgrade the cams on a 3. There is a few forum topics on this.

On ozmazdaclub, there is a forum member with 220kw ATW. Have a look at his parts list to get an idea of what to do to a 3MPS to get those numbers.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
the car should run low 14s completely stock and a decent driver. get an intake(they aren't loud at all), a tune, and some drag radials and you should be able to hit 13s pretty easy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that guys.

I'll have a look into it. I think I will be playing around a fair bit to see impact on the driver (and passenger) experience with various mods.

Does anyone know what turbo is on the MPS, or even better, a link to the Compressor map?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
k04

1 - 5 of 5 Posts