Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called my dealership since I'm approaching the 7600 mile mark for my second oil change and they indicated that this is also when I should get a 'mileage checkup'. So for $100, I get:

-Oil change
-Filter Change
-Wheel rotation/balance
-Tire condition/pressure check
-Fluid check up
-Engine belt check
-Spark plug cleaning
-And a bunch of other small random stuff I forgot

Is this standard pricing?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I've also never heard of cleaning the spark plugs!

I'd just do the oil change. If the front tires have noticeably more wear than the back ones, then I'd do a rotation too. Fluids, tire pressure, and belt condition are easy to check yourself.

·
Registered
50 Posts
All easily done by yourself in an afternoon (going slow).

The spark plug cleaning is a bit odd...never seen that one before.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply guys. How important is it to get the wheels balanced with my kind of mileage. You need some kind of equipment to get them balanced properly right?

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
WHAT!!!! They did all that for me for 41 bucks.... o_O I got my 7500 check up wednesday morning

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
[quote author=g3ck0 link=topic=140104.msg3020607#msg3020607 date=1238136995]
Thanks for the reply guys. How important is it to get the wheels balanced with my kind of mileage. You need some kind of equipment to get them balanced properly right?
[/quote]

The only time you would get your wheels balanced is when the steering wheel is vibrating when you're driving, other than that I wouldn't worry about that. But rotating your tires will help your tires get even tread wear

·
Registered
879 Posts
if you have good tread left, you can go to a tire place, like Tires Plus or Tire Kingdom, or whatever its called in your area and get a tire rotation/balance/road hazard plan added to them after the fact. Usually will be $25 per tire or so, but they will rotate, balance and fix or prorate flats for teh life of the tire.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I've never had to rebalance a tire with normal wear patterns. However, a rebalance helped the girlfriend's cupped tires after she drove her car for a while with a bent tie-rod end.

·
Registered
156 Posts
you can go to one of those oil & lube shops and you can get all that for $75 and they include synthetic oil. that's if you don't want to change the oil yourself.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The owners manual says to do an oil/filter change, and lube... thats it for 7500 mi. [if you drive mostly hwy's.] as far as checking out stuff on the car... just go to a mazda full circle dealer, they'll check some of the things you listed and other things for free...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts