Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed in my reflection tonight when i wasr driving that one of my dde's is not working, not cool. so i park, pop the hood, and to my dismay, i feel the area that the ballast is at and the wires, and they are soaked. im about to bust out the heat gun to dry everything out, but are these systems really not waterproof? i mean the weird thing is that only 1 of the dde's connected to that particular ballast is not working. any ideas, or tips? and devin, since i know you will see this, how much is a new ballast?

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Where were the ballasts mounted? They are not waterproof, but water resistant. I am not sure if its the ballast that was damaged since the other angel eye on the same ballast is working.

Make sure there is no water in the connection.

Email me at [email protected] I can help you out.

-Devin

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just pulled it off and layed it a lil closer to the engine(not while driving) and the water evaporated after about 15 mins. they all work now!

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
[quote author=trbab032886 link=topic=68024.msg1173442#msg1173442 date=1170027483]
just pulled it off and layed it a lil closer to the engine(not while driving) and the water evaporated after about 15 mins. they all work now!
[/quote]

luckyyyyyyyyyy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts