Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Just got an 07 3 Wagon. I am already regretting not paying the extra money for the 2.0 offered here in Israel. My question is, what mods can I perform on the 1.6 L engine. I saw the TB mod and will try that even though it isn't exactly the same.

Drop a line

·
Registered
65 Posts
first off before you get killed by others correct yourself by saying it's a "hatchback", not a wagon.

okay so ppl like us who have the 1.6L won't get much love here unfortunately, engine mods that 2.0 and 2.3 ppl do are mostly not applicable to us since our engine is different (not a duratec platform). you can get a CAI from simota for a direct fit or you can also get the AEM (do a search for posts by Walsh) and with a slight modification (cutting a few cms off the main pipe) it'll fit just right. you can also ground the TB like you said. the timing mod doesn't apply to us as well btw. as far as turbo kits are concerned, nothing available on the market for our 1.6L yet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
[quote author=mazdajdm3 link=topic=66657.msg1144407#msg1144407 date=1168540108]
I think you should just get a 2.3 dont waste your money on modding a 1.6
:tgm3:
Not a wagon!!!
[/quote]

unfortunately dude, in some parts of the world the 2.3 is not available. where i am we don't even have a choice on the 2.0. so yeah, i'm on the 1.6L platform and i wouldn't mind at all having a few more engine mods.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know...before I got to Israel I used to call cars like this a hatchback also...but here they either call them 5-drs or Wagons. I find that when I say 5-dr to anyone outside of Israel they tilt their head to the side in question.

I figured none of the mods would work for us. Damn fool that I am, should have gone for the 2.0. At least I would have gotten another 50% HP for the shitty gas mileage I get here. So far I can't get better than 10 Liter\100 Km. That's total shite if you ask me.

Otherwise I love the car. Aurora Blue. Already having my Autobot symbols printed up. Gonna look great on my 3/4 pillar. If anyone wants a proper-sized file for printing let me know. Drew this up in Flash.

Back to car talk, Anyone know whats up with the transmissions "half-gearing"? You know like when you are already in 4th and it seems to rev a bit higher for passing, without downshifting. Anyway to control that? AT btw.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
[quote author=Engage link=topic=66657.msg1148841#msg1148841 date=1168778549]
Back to car talk, Anyone know whats up with the transmissions "half-gearing"? You know like when you are already in 4th and it seems to rev a bit higher for passing, without downshifting. Anyway to control that? AT btw.
[/quote]

I'm not even close to an expert on auto trannys, but I'm pretty sure that is due to the torque convertor. While cruising it's only partially engaging some magic plates somewhere inside your slushbox, and when you go WOT it fully engages everything. But hopefully someone smarter than me can confirm that and give more correct terms for some of that stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts