Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
303 Posts
Ok well I just got back form the track as well and unfortunately was only able to make 1 pass, I also consider myself a good driver(read:Individual results may very) I only got a [email protected] I say only because I believe a 15.9 run is completely possible completely stock even on the RS-As once I learn to launch the car better, as apparent by the 1/8 mile trap speed you can see that I had some trouble with the wheel hop in the hole and my 60' time of 2.4 also backs this up since I know I can do better, all in all I think low 16 sec passes are average for stoak 2.3 HB Manual(sedan should be no different) hopefully in about 2 weeks Ill get another chance to head out there and get a few more runs in. Here is the timeslip I am car 752 in the right lane
Oh yeah this is only a prediction based on 1 run so dont take it seriously but I believe with an intake, exhuast, and better tires mid to low 15s are doable without too much fuss.

· Registered
303 Posts
I believe you misread me, I only got 1 run in and I said that a 15.9 is possible, you are also missing the hefty weight difference between the 2 cars you also said you swapped the muffler so it was not completely stock, there is also the issue with the wheel hop so I stand by my time with the fastest I could see our cars getting bone stock being 15.9 with some good driving.

· Registered
303 Posts
Looks god, nice job on the time there :D . I do have one other question though, is there different emissions etc. for the Australian version ? Just wondering because after my only run I have been able to get in yet the car did not feel like it had much more getup and go left in it, then again I still need to fix my launch from the hole a bit and play with the shifting to find some optimal points. Sorry if it seems I am trying to rationalize something here but I've been racing for a while and seeing someone pull a half second quicker pass in almost the same car is killing me here(especially when he 60 ft. are so close). Anyways hopefully in the next weeks Ican make it back t othe track and find out :)

· Registered
303 Posts
Thanks for the link, yeah you're right they look like they are the same. Oh and I didn't mean to insinuate you were not a good driver, since that is clearly not the case at all :D . Just trying to get some more info so when I get back to the track I can improve my time. And yeah the 60 ft. time makes a HUGE difference in the ET like you stated which is why I am sort of confused when I look at my time slip, I used stock tire pressure(of course had to feather the clutch 'cause our tires suck and we have mad amounts of wheel hop) and still ended with a 2.4 60 ft. which is alright for the first time at the track with it, but here is where I am confused on it unless the lights were off at the track which is unlikely I only have a 10.4 sec 1/8 [email protected] ONLY 46 mph when compared to the 2 other timeslips here it makes no sense at all with sean pulling a 10.5 1/8 @69 mph and yours of a 10.1 1/8 @ 71. The only conclusion I can come up with is that my shifts were off, but still doesnt seem right. btw do you remember what your shifts were like? I held them all until redline(6900-7000) but looking back at it I should have shifted from 2nd earlier I guess since the power band seems to drop off at around 6700 in 2nd. Anyways if anyone could offer any other ideas for my odd 1/8 mile ET I would be more thna happy to listen. :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.