Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering whats the quarter mile time for the Mz3? I checked up on the mazda6 i and it's 1/4 was 16.47s @ 86.4Mph but the Mz6 weighs a lot more than the Mz3. Once my engine gets broken in, I'm gonna take it down to the track and see what it gets.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
its in the mid 16s if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Car and driver said 16 flat I think and I heard somewhere else that someone got it down to 15.7

·
Registered
272 Posts
Those numbers are exactly those we get by with CARTEST2000 simulation. Take it with a grain of salt, especially when one can't see a picture of the car that has been used for testing...

·
Registered
310 Posts
0 - 60 in 7.2 for the lighest s is my guess.

·
Banned
868 Posts
I wonder how they tested the automatic. Did they use Activematic, or did they just drove it with the normal automatic?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Levitron said:
I wonder how they tested the automatic. Did they use Activematic, or did they just drove it with the normal automatic?
They usually test it both in full auto and active. Then they avg the 2.

Thats what they did on the Jettas.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would guess that most of the advantage the manual would have would in the 0-60 and quarter mile times would be at launch.. after that I think there would be much smaller differences. In real traffic, the acceleration would be much closer.

·
Registered
94 Posts
gtgray said:
I would guess that most of the advantage the manual would have would in the 0-60 and quarter mile times would be at launch.. after that I think there would be much smaller differences. In real traffic, the acceleration would be much closer.
what you have to take into account is shift times as well, the ATX will always shift slower than anyone that knows how to drive an MTX in a stock car, and there is also an inherently higher loss of power through the drivetrain in an ATX.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts