I’m the forth owner of a 08 Mazdaspeed3. Jay the third owner purchased the car in California with fifty thousand miles on the clock. Although he wasn’t into racing Jay did all sorts of modifications on the car to in his words “Pull out as much power as I can without sacrificing reliability.” His modifications included a Cobb tuner and nitrous system along with improvements to the intake and exhaust system. With all the modifications, a dyno run indicated 363 WHP with the nitro and 325 WHP with a mixture of E85 and premium fuel.
I purchased the car in August of 2019 and in September ran the car at Bonneville in the 130 mph class, which does not allow nitro injection, my average speed for the best run was132.9 mph. My next goal was the 150mph club for which I needed to add a four -point roll bar and five-point seat belt. On September 10, 2021 I was able to reach my goal of recording two runs on the Bonneville Salt Flats in excess of 150 mph. With these bucket list items checked off I’m selling the car to finance my next toy.
The car has a Cobb Accessport 2, with programs for the nitro set up, E85 mixture, and premium gas. The nitro program no longer works but the E85 mixture and premium program are fine. Cobb no longer supports the V2 unit. Tires on the car have less than ten thousand miles on them and since the last Bonneville run the cylinder head has been rebuilt with a new timing chain, fuel injectors cleaned and new spark plugs installed. Tuning list available.
The car is in excellent condition, spending its early years in California and more recently as a summer toy in Wisconsin, it has always been garaged.
The car now has 123,500 miles. the roll bar has been removed but will go with the sale. I will not respond to "Is it still available" ad is up its available. Cash deal at my bank, no trades.
Thanks for looking.