Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased a 08 Mazda3 2.3L sedan. No turbo. 5 speed manual. I'm looking to put a couple aftermarket parts on the car. I've been looking at short ram intakes and performance exhaust. My google searches have yielded me with no conclusive answers. Looking for suggestions from others on what have been used by anyone with success. Thanks

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I suggest using GOOGLE again and put in "Mazda 3 Sedan Aftermarket parts".......You can find a lot of Sedan parts on Ebay, Amazon, CorkSport, CARID, and other places....Need to use the Internet better!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I reworded my comment. I'm looking for suggestions of what others have used who may own this car and what success they have had with different aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just starting mild mods here. I'm going for handling mods since I do a lot of canyons... thus considering lowering springs (Megan or Tein H-tech), replacing all bushings, a Progress, RB or MS3 rear anti-sway bar, brake pad upgrade (EBC or Hawk), and maybe a trans-cooler (I'm in an auto). For intake, I'm sticking to a drop-in filter, or will see if Takeda makes an encased system like they do for the Civic SI. I don't want heat soak

·
Registered
36 Posts
The sedans and hatches should be the same mechanically. It's the body parts that differ

·
Registered
80 Posts
The Injen CAI/SRI combo piece are pretty popular and I believe the filter sits down almost as low as the OEM intake. But intakes don't make that much difference in performance, but the sound is nice. Check out the different stages of mods post on here for more of what can be done to these cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts