Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my car since October and bought it at 97k miles. I upped it to 100k this past month. I was late for my oil change but got it done last week. After I've had this new occurrence of the AT light flashing on and off. When I drive, it seems the car is struggling to switch gears on its own. I even put it in sport and it happened then as well when I was manually changing the gears. I had it serviced yesterday and they replaced the fluid (it was dark before) and the filters. My auto shop said nothing was showing up on the dianostic reports from the computer. it happened again on my ride to work but less extreme. Is my transmission blown? Mechanic said that might be a possibility. Let me know! I love this car so much

·
Registered
653 Posts
It depends on your idea of expensive as TCM prices range all over. Your best bet is to take your vehicle to a transmission shop where they can properly diagnose the issue rather than having a mechanic throw parts at it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It could also be a faulty battery or alternator. If the alternator is not putting out the correct voltage/amps then there will be issues with the parts that are dependent upon specific voltage/amps. I had that issue with my wife's car (2005 Mazda 6, 2.3L).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had my car since October and bought it at 97k miles. I upped it to 100k this past month. I was late for my oil change but got it done last week. After I've had this new occurrence of the AT light flashing on and off. When I drive, it seems the car is struggling to switch gears on its own. I even put it in sport and it happened then as well when I was manually changing the gears. I had it serviced yesterday and they replaced the fluid (it was dark before) and the filters. My auto shop said nothing was showing up on the dianostic reports from the computer. it happened again on my ride to work but less extreme. Is my transmission blown? Mechanic said that might be a possibility. Let me know! I love this car so much
I have a 2010 Mazda3 2.0 and mine did the same thing and then it got worse the CL and the at light came on, it wasn`t showing any codes so I put another TCM on it and the codes came up it was the A solenoid stuck on so I changed the solenoid and the fluid and filter but i didn`t flush the system and the B solenoid got stuck so now I`m just going to change the whole pack flush the system, new filter and use the Mazda transmission fluid and I`m pretty sure that will fix it. So don`t wait to long before you have to change the solenoids right now you can maybe get away with the flush before they get to clogged, anyway if you wait it will get worse and it will go into limp mode and you`ll have to do like me let me know what happens and I`ll let you know about mine in the next week or so good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts