Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am having a rattle coming from this area.....where the green is circled...you can ignore all the other red parts....

As you know, the Ms3 has a very loud and drony exhaust stock...so When I'm driving and I decelerate in gear, it becomes real loud and that green area you can hear the rattle....when I press against it, the noise goes away

Was wondering if anybody else has this? I plan to take it to the dealership but wanted to check with everybody else....I don't trust the dealership monkeys too much...wondering if this was a quick and easy fix?

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=nullvector link=topic=137689.msg3002090#msg3002090 date=1237395691]
I have a rattle there but I think it's the glovebox....when I press on the glovebox it stops. Does that happen to you too?
[/quote]

no glovebox...its only the rattle from the picture circled in green

btw i found out my problem...its not mazdas fault at all...this is actually due to my FUCKED up medieval passenger motor mount....yes it rattled like crazy and made my whole cabin vibrate...as soon as i took off the medieval mount, the car became normal with no noises in the cabin or dashboard

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Follow the panel from where you have it circled to farther down by the passenger knee. The forward most part vibrates like crazy. It's not just a bad mount situation. Any mount that tightens up that side will help cause it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts