Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo I currently have cloth seats in my 06 hatchback. I want to get leather seats, preferably heated. Would 07 heated sedan seats work in my hatchback as long as I purchased the center controller for the heating? (The switch panel with the middle with the cigarette lighter).

Suggestions?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
you would probably need the wiring for it as well. but yes they should fit, and work mechanically

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
exactly same question. Today I installed leather seats from 08 model. Are they heated, or there were version without heating? I'm asking that because my old cloth seats had three connectors in the socket under the seat, while the leather ones have one extra connector (color green). MAybe there is wiring already done?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well I think I may have the answer. Check out my pics in the thread http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=126773.0 . I have heated seats and there is an extra light green connector which goes to what I believe is the seat thermostat and warmer. Looks like you guys installed heated seats into non-heated seats with no airbag issues, correct?

Well I'm trying to do the opposite. I want to put non-heated MazdaSpeed3 seats into my heated seat car which contains the green module in the plug. Has anybody put a non-heated seat into a heated seat Mazda3 before?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

Mine look like those, I have green connector in the seats. I had non heated, but airbag equipped cloth seats. Plugging leather did not make me problems with airbags at all, so i suppose connections stayed the same. Now my worries are if the wiring is done already, and if to what extend. I would be more than thank you axelf911 if you could check your connector behind switches for heated seats (those switches next to airbag light) and if you could take a picture. Behind my panel, it doesn't seem like wireing was done, one white connector.

Mine looks like that behind the panel, I suppose that maybe some of those wires are not used, and indeed should be part of the connector.

Thanks for reply axelf911 btw :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi NissanFan,

My heated 2008 hatchback cloth seats have the green connector plug just as the above. I will try to open up the switch panel sometime when I get a chance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts