Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only ~ 4k and the car just died twice. First oil change about 2 weeks ago.

3 days ago car started to howl and whine really loud when exceed 2K rpm. Called dealer to schedule for a visit. Appointment today and it didn't start at all. Have it towed to dealer.

I hope something seriously wrong happened so that I can fight for a buy back. If fail, I will get rid of the car after repair.

Cannot afford grand new car with too many problems. Good thing it died when I was at home not stranded on the road.

·
Registered
819 Posts
[quote author=07m3guy link=topic=71326.msg1253805#msg1253805 date=1173279259]
Only ~ 4k and the car just died twice. First oil change about 2 weeks ago.

3 days ago car started to howl and whine really loud when exceed 2K rpm. Called dealer to schedule for a visit. Appointment today and it didn't start at all. Have it towed to dealer.

I hope something seriously wrong happened so that I can fight for a buy back. If fail, I will get rid of the car after repair.

Cannot afford grand new car with too many problems. Good thing it died when I was at home not stranded on the road.

[/quote]

sounds like something went wrong during the oil change IMO. didn't take it to Wal-Mart did you? if you did, i hope you do have to pay!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, got it changed at dealership. I got 3 years free oil change and free tires for life at the dealership where I bought it from.

Dealership called back and they need to replace engine. After about 15 minutes on the phone and 30 minutes mouth fighting at the dealership, I gave up. They replace engine under warrenty. But other than that no buy back or anything.

·
Registered
9,451 Posts
Yeah, a dealership isn't just going to do a buy back. At least be glad they aren't giving you any problems with replacing the engine (like maybe trying to claim you were abusing the car or some nonsense crap like that). Hopefully they will give you a free rental until it is fixed.
-Matt

·
Registered
819 Posts
[quote author=azazel1024 link=topic=71326.msg1254371#msg1254371 date=1173293649]
Yeah, a dealership isn't just going to do a buy back. At least be glad they aren't giving you any problems with replacing the engine (like maybe trying to claim you were abusing the car or some nonsense crap like that). Hopefully they will give you a free rental until it is fixed.
-Matt
[/quote]
i agree. jeez what more do you want? would you rather they just repair it?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yes, these things happen but I can understand the frustration on a brand new car with 4K miles on it. Mine only has 2.5K on it and I would be pissed off beyong the moon if they were putting a new engine in my car. Good luck with it all...hope it comes out all good in the end.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Actually getting a brand new engine is best case scenario in my book, its not like the same thing will happen again. They could have tried to repair it instead.

The Dodge and GM dealerships around here would have sent the engine to a local machine shop to be rebuilt. Imagine how pissed off you would be to have a car with 4K on it and a rebuilt engine.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
<<<< Has a new engine and is very happy with it .. mine failed because of failed belt tensioner at 50,183miles (thank God for buying certified pre-owned with 100k mile power train warranty) ...

I hope this solves it ..

when you go pick it up, turn it on and check for CEL.. free rev it and listen for noises. Open the hood and listen to the baby purr at idle ..

if all that is OK, take it on the road and drive on the roads around the dealer. Use the whole power band .. shift late (high revs) and then shift early (low revs) .. basically drive like an idiot ... and listen for anything weird .. lack of power, inconsistent power, bugging down, if you have auto check that in the auto mode the tranny listens to the engine well and shifts where it should. Make sure you test it for a while, to make sure there is nothing wrong ...

then go and enjoy it .. and break it in right.

engines sometimes fail .. I am surprised they did not tell you what happened, but it is possible they messed up the oil change and the engine seized. or something else ... but find out, so you know what to look for later on .. also make sure you have all the papers - your engine should have a brand new warranty on it.

Good luck, and if you feel you might be getting screwed, contact Bagman at onlinemazdaparts (a vendor here) - he can usually give you the inside scoop on what you can do to protect yourself since he is in parts dept of a dealer.

Oh and do not forget - they should be giving you a loaner for the period of your car being in the shop.

Igor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts