Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 was wrecked and I just picked up a new 07. First difference I noticed: you can't lock the doors with the key fob while the doors are open! What's up with this? My routine was always: remove keys from ignition, open door, push door lock button, get out and close door. Now I have to get out and close the door before I can lock it, and I worry because I don't get that confirmation of seeing the doors lock before I got out. I bet they changed it because of too many complaints of stupid people locking their keys in their car...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Can't lock it with the trunk open either IIRC. I wish there was a remote truck release. I already have a scratch around the truck lock :-(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Word on the trunk release! That little dip for the handle (HB) is nothing but a collector of snow and rain. Feels great putting your hand in there to get the trunk open. reminds me of the tree stump scene from the 70's Flash Gordon movie (for any of you older than 30 folks)I'm sure it will be one of the first places to start rusting as well...

·
Registered
782 Posts
[quote author=Pho link=topic=71340.msg1254135#msg1254135 date=1173288087]
My 05 was wrecked and I just picked up a new 07. First difference I noticed: you can't lock the doors with the key fob while the doors are open! What's up with this? My routine was always: remove keys from ignition, open door, push door lock button, get out and close door. Now I have to get out and close the door before I can lock it, and I worry because I don't get that confirmation of seeing the doors lock before I got out. I bet they changed it because of too many complaints of stupid people locking their keys in their car...
[/quote]

I think another reason they did this is to prevent someone from walking away from the car thinking that it's tight and secure even though a door is ajar or even completely open. When you hit the key fob and you don't hear the doors lock or see the lights flash, then you'll know that something isn't secure. It's saved me from leaving my car when a passenger didn't close the door all the way.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It's more of a safety feature. No big deal. Both of my old Pulsars were like that. I had to close the door before locking the driver door. The way I saw it was I didn't have to worry about locking my keys in the car. Feature I always loved when I heard someone complaining "I just locked my keys in the car, got a coat hanger?"

·
Registered
801 Posts
[quote author=icspots link=topic=71340.msg1255440#msg1255440 date=1173322050]
Well that's what the confirmation honk is for when you hit the button twice. It won't honk if there's a door/trunk open. Kinda lame that they changed that.
[/quote]

+1

I also kinda like closing the door and seeing the confirmation lights as soon as I close the door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts