Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Mazda3 HB Grand Touring -

We have a tire pressure light that keeps popping on over the last couple of days. We checked the tire pressures last night they were at 28, 30, 30, 30 lbs. We topped off the 28 lb tire to 30 and the light went off. This morning it's on again. Questions:

Are these little "bugs" that are in/on the rims that communicate RF to the computer? How do they even work?

Is it possible one is faulty, and/or that they a battery that's dying?

· Registered
8,662 Posts
Less pressure on a cold tire as well remember, so if you read those temperatures when the tires were warm, it's not exactly "accurate".
Correct Nuse, and a lot of owners do not realize the pressures given on the inside door jam are COLD pressures. Years autocrossing showed me that my tires on my Miata (195/50/15) would air up about 4-6 psi after being run hard.

BTW, my experience has shown that the TPS light does not illuminate on my 07 until 25psi. Other years could be more sensitive, or set with a different threshold, but that's what my tire pressure gauge said each time the light tripped (have a really slow leak, that seams to have sealed itself up the last few weeks.)

Also, by memory, the recommended pressure is 32psi.

· Registered
31,524 Posts
I don't think 30 kicks off the alert.
possibly there is a slow leak, or a bad sensor.

· Registered
31,524 Posts
Will check pressures again this evening. They're all at 30 now, so maybe I'll bump em up to 32 or 33 cold and see what, if anything, changes.
mine are 33-35 and my light comes on everyday.
pretty certain mine is a faulty sensor issue

· Registered
486 Posts
Im sure the light comes up when pressure is lower than 30, but I always check mine once a week cause I got aftermarket rims and tires so I didn't installed my original sensors and I got my light always on :p

· Registered
31,524 Posts
i think i read in the manual or someplace that the sensors are supposed to trigger a light if any or all wheels are not 26-49 psi.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.