Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive done so much searching and it just seem to get more and more confusing on whats out there. i have an 08 hatch and am looking for an open mouth grill. I heard the only grill for 07+ hatch is the auto exe one from japan parts for 400$.

can someone clear this up for me :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
[quote author=jtluongo link=topic=135075.msg2906400#msg2906400 date=1233599621]
ive done so much searching and it just seem to get more and more confusing on whats out there. i have an 08 hatch and am looking for an open mouth grill. I heard the only grill for 07+ hatch is the auto exe one from japan parts for 400$.

can someone clear this up for me :)
[/quote]
as far as open mouth grills for 07+ hatches, the auto exe would be your only choice and yes its $400 plus shipping then plus paint. not worth the money imo. I believe there is a mazdaspeed front bumper that comes with an open mouth grill attached to the bumper, but you'd have to buy everything to get the open mouth grill (someone correct me if i'm wrong). i went with ssg's ae front grill replica, good fitment and i paid $210 for the grill, shipping and paint.

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
AutoExe makes an open mouth grill? Where? The only open mouth grill I've seen for 07+ hatches is made by DAMD, and you can buy it on Japan Parts.

As far as the MS Accessory bumper, its only sold for 04-06 model hatches. Dont ask me why, because the mounting points look identical on my 09 as they did on my 04, but thats the deal. The grill is also not attached to the bumper... I dont see how it could be.

I would agree with KeVINE and say go with the AE (AutoExe) replica grill. It definitely looks great on 07+, and you dont have to worry about mesh and all that b.s.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i know that for the speed3 grill, you would have to cut off the oem grill, in order to fit the autoexe grill.

i jst went ahead and painted mine. works for me.

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
yea... I'm probably going to go with the ae replica grill when i get around to havin some money... =/

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
[quote author=logik816 link=topic=135075.msg2913685#msg2913685 date=1233811974]
i know that for the speed3 grill, you would have to cut off the oem grill, in order to fit the autoexe grill.

i jst went ahead and painted mine. works for me.
[/quote]

Yeah, your setup is completely different than ours.

[quote author=sleet_22 link=topic=135075.msg2913692#msg2913692 date=1233812182]
yea... I'm probably going to go with the ae replica grill when i get around to havin some money... =/
[/quote]

I almost want to go with the real thing.. I just cant justify spending extra money on essentially the same thing..

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
yea... see if it was about 200 less then sure!!! no problem... i would save for that.. but since im not a bank im like well they are basically the same.. i'll just deal with some minor fitment issues..

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
shit... lol. i mean you could get the replica and get it fitted threw a shop and painted for less...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how hard is it to take off an 08 grill. do i have to do any cutting or seroius modifications?? thats what ive been seeing searching around

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
Thats for sedans and speeds. Their grilles are attached to their bumpers. All Mz3 hatch grilles are just held on with screws.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote author=sdemo45 link=topic=135075.msg2914819#msg2914819 date=1233862338]
Thats for sedans and speeds. Their grilles are attached to their bumpers. All Mz3 hatch grilles are just held on with screws.
[/quote]
thansks alot sdemo :)

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
No problem. Best way to find out about this stuff is just to go out to your car and start taking shit apart... thats how I do it, lol. Seriously though, I dont think you can hurt the grille.

·
Registered
565 Posts
my ae grill replica fit pretty dam good. looks near perfect. you just gotta drill the holes on one side first. make sure they fit, then make the other holes on the other side then drill again. dont drill all the holes at once or else you're bound to mess up and throw off the fitment.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think the autoexe grill looks better. :)
Here are some pictures of the autoexe replica installed at my friend's shop.

I can help you get the Front bumper+Grill for about $500, PM me if you are interested. :wink:

·
Registered
186 Posts
[quote author=sleet_22 link=topic=135075.msg2966870#msg2966870 date=1235820709]
thats sick, but i would miss my fog lights too much =/
[/quote]
The cars above is sport model, that's why they don't have fog lights.

The fog light can be installed in the hole under the headlight.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts