Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was wondering if I am able to buy/install a 07 CD changer and a AUX port on a 06 mazda 3? I heard that the new CD drive for the 07 plays MP3 discs, not just MP3. I also heard that the 07 has a AUX port for MP3 players and I was wondering if I can get that installed at the dealer. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I would imagine that an 07 HU will work in an 06, but cannot confirm.

What I *can* confirm is that installing the center console aux-in would be prohibitively expensive. The aux-in jack isn't a separate, removable part; it's integrated into the storage bin, which is integrated in the main center console piece. Thus, to add this jack, you'd need to replace the entire center console, which my local dealer estimates would cost at least $500. And that's assuming the 07 console would fit in an 06, I'm not spending $500 to find out. I just bought an AuxMod Basic (about $50) instead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$500? Wow.... What's the $50 thing you bought? How is the quality? Can you control it using the steering control? (doubt it...)

·
Registered
191 Posts
You cant control MP3 functions with the steering wheel on the 07s if you simply use the AUX jack. You need to actually purchase the iPod dock for the steering wheel functions to work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts