Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought mine used in november 08.

its the 2.3l touring addition w/ the bose system.

this is my first car & my baby.

i'm new to the forums & i'm wondering if anybody has any intro level, easy to do mods that you could point me to.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I also have an 06, far from my 1st car but is also my baby for sure.

You should add your location to your profile. This makes it easier to answer some questions you may have as well as to meet up with members in your area if you're inclined to do so.

Check out this thread. There is a ton of useful info and how to's. You might want to add the link to your favorites.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=106582.0

Congratulations and again, welcome.

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
haha daniel stricks again!!!!

welcome to the forums!!! hope you have a lot of fun around here... most of us are always willing to help out with any q's too....

Kevin

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
[quote author=sleet_22 link=topic=136569.msg2943552#msg2943552 date=1234915525]
haha daniel stricks again!!!!
[/quote]

It's what I do :p

·
Registered
74 Posts
[quote author=bearda link=topic=136569.msg2943650#msg2943650 date=1234918041]
With an '06 you can unlock the trip computer (takes about a minute, and it's free).
[/quote]

my g.f just got an 06, i forgot about this trip computer mod, what does it do again?

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
[quote author=l1ld3v1lrydr link=topic=136569.msg2943816#msg2943816 date=1234921951]
[quote author=bearda link=topic=136569.msg2943650#msg2943650 date=1234918041]
With an '06 you can unlock the trip computer (takes about a minute, and it's free).
[/quote]

my g.f just got an 06, i forgot about this trip computer mod, what does it do again?
[/quote]

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=69347.0

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YESS!! that was my first question in the electric part of the forums. i called it a MPG calculato lol

i accidentally disabled it & didn't know how to bring it back on, heh

thanks for the help!!

::edit::

okay so after browsing the forums for several hours i've decided on a few mods:

independent fog lights, new blue/yellow fog lights, some rims/tires, & maybe some headlight mods.

but i hear those headlight mods are a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
^^ PITA would depend on what mod and your definition of the term. If you're referring to angel eyes, etc. then they wouldn't be for Daniel as he installs a set nearly every week it seems (and for some reason he's yet to make a walkthrough :hint hint:)

For the independent fogs bear in mind that there are several methods for doing that. The '06 in Canada shouldn't have HIDs on it, so you should be fine doing either.

Make sure to check out the "why you should get a third key" thread stickied up top. Also you might want to think about replacing or augmenting your clown horn. :)

Welcome and congrats on the car....... oh and

:ttiwwp:

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
[quote author=icspots link=topic=136569.msg2945213#msg2945213 date=1234978225]
^^ PITA would depend on what mod and your definition of the term. If you're referring to angel eyes, etc. then they wouldn't be for Daniel as he installs a set nearly every week it seems (and for some reason he's yet to make a walkthrough :hint hint:)
[/quote]

I'm installing 3 sets this Saturday and 2 sets on the 7th. I'm going to see if I can find someone to shadow me with a camera. I get so focused and usually do them in multiple sets so I always forget when to stop and take pictures.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=danielj link=topic=136569.msg2945248#msg2945248 date=1234978980]
[quote author=icspots link=topic=136569.msg2945213#msg2945213 date=1234978225]
[/quote]

I'm installing 3 sets this Saturday and 2 sets on the 7th. I'm going to see if I can find someone to shadow me with a camera. I get so focused and usually do them in multiple sets so I always forget when to stop and take pictures.
[/quote]

Excuses excuses. :p

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i want to post pics but sadly, two weeks after i bought the car (before i even made my first payment) i was rear ended. still haven't fixed the dents, altough works been flooded (literally) so now that i've got some time off maybe i can bang out the dents.

i'll post pics this weekend & maybe you guys could give me some ideas & tips. i've got a few of my own but i'm sure you guys can help me improve.

also, is there any raised mazda3's? i live in the suburbs & i gotta go over speed bumps every single day, so lowering is kind of out of the question.

daniel i'd love to see a guide on the angel eyes. but i read that getting the plastic encasing off of the lights is very hard & painstaking. taking anywhere from 30-45 min per light.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Raising the car? Did you buy it lowered? Stock height is pretty high. I've never seen anyone go higher then stock.

The headlights are easy to open. 20 minutes in the oven at 200 degrees, you can rip right into them. The entire process of installing angel eyes from begining to end takes a few hours.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no no the stock height is fine. i was just looking for options out there ya know?

angel eyes or other headlight mods would be siiick, but i'm guessing they're expensive & like you just said;
[quote author=danielj link=topic=136569.msg2945442#msg2945442 date=1234982824]The entire process of installing angel eyes from begining to end takes a few hours.[/quote]

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i've got the dark gray/silver lookin color.. so i'm not sure what color i'd paint it.

how much do mazda 3 paint jobs run for?

maybe like the grille & part of the hood?

btw my car only came w/ one key... i have to go to a dealership for another eh?

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=InDiGo420 link=topic=136569.msg2947537#msg2947537 date=1235065269]
i've got the dark gray/silver lookin color.. so i'm not sure what color i'd paint it.

how much do mazda 3 paint jobs run for?

maybe like the grille & part of the hood?

btw my car only came w/ one key... i have to go to a dealership for another eh?
[/quote]

Yup. Unless you can find something in the ppw where they said they'd give you two keys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts