Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the '06 S Sedan.. and love it. I want a GPS for it.. but I'd prefer the factory unit. Before I head to the dealership I'd like to know if there is a possibility of an aftermarket unit that is integral to the car.

If not.. can someone help a brother out with how to get a factory GPS w/o going to the dealer?

Lastly, if I have to go to the dealer, so be it.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
umm i think its called the AVIC something?
Pioneer makes a GPS /DVD player / CD Player headunit.
So does another company.

They are out there, about 600-1200 dollars i think. idk.
I just bought a GPS System itself, the Navman. Was affordable and matches the 3 Interior, color-wise.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Splitter- just so you know, I think the vast consensus of the community is that factory nav units are trash compared to other systems. And non-factory solutions can be had for cheaper as well. Unfortunately, i'm not one of the nav-gurus so you'll have to wait for someone else to better help ya.

·
Registered
9,518 Posts
stock nav i would expect to be expensive~~ But i aint a guru either, idk if we have any GPS guru's here.

Just buy a good one and thats it lol.
Some go all out with the DVD player + GPS in one combo deal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love my GPS that is integrated in my dell axim. The gps unit is a small grey bluetooth device. The best thing is that I can use it in my car or my husbands. I just have to move units. The axim seems to combine a lot of useful features in one compact device. I love it. :klavergreg:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts