Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 06 hatchback

i must have been going up a driveway or it was too cold or something, but part of the small black piece on the very underside of the front bumper got snapped off, there's just a big chunk out of it. could have been a rock or piece of debris on the road, who knows.

i don't suppose i can buy this piece either since it is integrated in to the bumper

anyone know if a lip for an 06 hatchback that will hide it? i've been considering that speedline 3 piece lip. or i could just try to dremel the whole thing off.

anyone know if either of these will cover that valance?

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also, that speedline lip, how hard is it to install and how solid is it after install?

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
If you just cover the missing chunk with electrical tape you probably won't be able to tell it's broken. That black part on mine is really beat up, but you can't tell unless you're up really close and looking specifically for it.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does your lip cover it?

i don't want electrical tape on my car... :( i may simply dremel it off.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
You can still see it if you are down near the ground and looking for it, but it's not as obvious. The lip definitely helps hide it. I actually had them repaint mine body colored when i got the lip and front bumper painted, so it's even less obvious.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok cool, even if nobody sees it it still bugs me now when i look at my car. so i'm just exploring my options. i wonder if those factory flares cover it.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this may actually be the time to implement the door mouldings as lower valance mod.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Not sure if this helps but here's some pics of the OEM flares on my car:

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they look good, doesn't look like you can see the valance at all. how do they attach?

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Since they are OEM, you have a template. IIRC, you have to drill 2 holes and use existing screws underneath and in the wheel well to mount them. There is also 2-way tape on the edges on the flares.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
They wrap right around the the lower part of the bumper and does cover a bit of the black part of the underside.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
right on that's all i needed to know. there's a few sellers on ebay selling them painted, maybe i'll snag some.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts