Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i bought some cheap FOB's to try and program them to my car...... I am not experienced in these features, but i read the programming steps for the FOBs

get in the car, close the door, open the door, lock and unlock the door, leave door open, turn ignition to ON 3x, then open and close door 3x leaving the door open

The computer will not respond by locking and unlocking as ive seen with everyone else, im trying to figure out why, but have no experience with these features, would it be related to my keys, i only have one

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wouldnt the computer respond to my triggering of the programming mode regardless if i have any in range? if it doesnt respond, i cant program anything regardless if its the wrong one or not

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
o wow....... LOL, Per the instructions that came with the FOB's and from all of my searches, i find it how i said in my initial post, ill give it a shot without the first step and see what happens

if the system doesnt respond by cycling the locks, what should i do? i tried it several times and it wont respond as ive seen, i can take video and show that im following exactly as instructed.....

This is nowhere near as difficult as it was for me to Master brand new digitally controlled whirlpool washers and dryers, theres so many sequences to remember in order to get where you want within the computer, Per www.dkprogram.com and many videos ive seen, they say to program with that extra step, and the instructions posted here do not... neither way works for me, could it be related to the key?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, finally figured this out. I couldn't get the car to go into programming mode. Simple trick, I wasn't returning the key to the completely off position, I was just going back to accessories. You have to go all the way to OFF 3 times!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same issue, can get my 04 mazda 3 into programming mode after the dance. Not even the locksmith that came today couldn't get it done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts