Mazda3 Forums banner

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 Hatch, and for a few months I wanted to find and convert to the 07-09 grille. You know how the saying goes - the grass is always greener on the other side! However after a few months, I actually now much prefer the look of the 04-06 front end! I'm not sure if I dare say it, but I'm having a lot more fun with this car than my Audi S4 which this replaced when the Audi was stolen. Maybe its because mods are cheaper, the car is less expensive - thus if something bad happens it isn't quite as drastic or hurtful. However on the flip side, for some reason this car costs more to insure than the S4 did!!! Maybe its all the kids driving around like mad crashing them all the time. That's what State Farm hinted at - that the accident rate of these cars is higher. Maybe because they don't have Quattro, and have drivers either taking more risks or are less experienced behind the wheel. Don't get me wrong....I'm not THAT old yet...I'm 30. But at around 26 I hit a wall big time (no not literally, I mean I started feeling hella old). I went through FOUR sets of tires on my Audi S4 in only 50k miles....lets just put it that way (and no autocrossing, dragging etc). And yes if you were going to ask, every single bulb on my car is LED except for high beams, fogs, AT shifter backlight and backlight on cigarette lighter, unless I'm missing anything else.

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
i've always liked the cleaner 1st generation fronts better.
add a GV style front lip....

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like not many people are taking part in the poll. I'm adding the OEM Mazda aero flares, I like the way they look, and I prefer lips that don't go around the entire bumper. That GV lip does look pretty decent though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts