Mazda3 Forums banner

Mazda3 is the bomb?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
7.5sec to 60mph in the 2.3L. The 2.0 isnt gonna cant be more than a full second off of that.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yea, I'd expect low 8 second range for the 2.0L with a manual transmission.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
yea what was that other car? lol...thats friggin awesome...5.9?

·
Registered
744 Posts
It looks like a Nissan Maxima 2002 or 2003...

·
Registered
172 Posts
bman said:
The acceleration time can be found www.ajac.ca
2.0L is faster than heavier 2.3L
That site sure likes mazdas. lol. They gave most mazdas awards for best in its class.

n1smo, automatic nissan maxima wont do 0-60 in 5.9 seconds. It's more like 7 seconds. And G35 sedan auto will be like 6.1 or something around there. It's about second quicker than maxima probably because RWD.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Haris said:
bman said:
The acceleration time can be found www.ajac.ca
2.0L is faster than heavier 2.3L
That site sure likes mazdas. lol. They gave most mazdas awards for best in its class.

n1smo, automatic nissan maxima wont do 0-60 in 5.9 seconds. It's more like 7 seconds. And G35 sedan auto will be like 6.1 or something around there. It's about second quicker than maxima probably because RWD.
??? A stock 02' Maxima auto GLE can pull 14.7 1/4 mile @ 93mph. My Max is not stock: Injen CAI, Cattman Y-Pipe, Cattman B-pipe w/ stock muffler (nice and quiet).

·
Registered
427 Posts
According to www.ajac.ca, the Mazda 6i with 2.3L engine is a full second faster than the Mz3 with the 2.3L, despite the 6 weighing a few hundred pounds more.

Something very funny about their Mz3 times. Especially considering that Car & Driver got very different results in their tests.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nope, both model are quick compared to the competition (other compacts) . Just quoting acceleration times from cartests. :D

·
Registered
396 Posts
bman said:
Nope, both model are quick compared to the competition (other compacts) . Just quoting acceleration times from cartests. :D
where does it say on www.ajac.ca that the 2.0 is faster???
i tried to find it, but couldn't

it doesn't make sense, (30kg + 12hp +15lb ft = slower)???

·
Registered
627 Posts
You people don't know what you're talking about.

The fastest car on the road is the 1995 Toyota Tercel. It does 0-40km/h faster than 80% of the cars on the road because it tops out at 40km/h in 1st gear. Now that's FAST. I remember racing everyone in it until 40 and winning, of course after that it's game over but whatever. I could beat people 10 feet to the next stop sign!

·
Registered
106 Posts
factrzero said:
You people don't know what you're talking about.

The fastest car on the road is the 1995 Toyota Tercel. It does 0-40km/h faster than 80% of the cars on the road because it tops out at 40km/h in 1st gear. Now that's FAST. I remember racing everyone in it until 40 and winning, of course after that it's game over but whatever. I could beat people 10 feet to the next stop sign!
Sounds great when trying to merge in bumper to bumper traffic. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts