Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum (http://www.mazda3forums.com/forumindex.php)
-   Autocross, Track, and Dyno Results (http://www.mazda3forums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Skyactiv autox (http://www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?t=679769)

Stickertuner 06-11-2015 02:13 PM

Skyactiv autox

Has any one else autocrossed their 2014+ Skyactiv?

I ran mine a few weekends ago and OMG!!! It is wayyyyyy faster than my 2010 2.5L was! On stock suspension and just a short ram for a power adder I crushed my old lap times by 2+ seconds! But yeah the new "sport" mode for the automatics makes a massive diff. It holds the gear much much longer and is a lot quicker on the shifts and the biggest thing is that when you let off the gas it holds the gear anticipating you to just floor it again so it doesn't waste time up shifting just to have to down shift and accelerate. Honestly I think the reason I was sooo much quicker was because of the sport mode helping with shifts.

I would say this new 2.5L mazda3 is going to be a beast in stock classes

If your interested I can post a link for the results ...

Stickertuner 06-11-2015 02:23 PM

Ohhh I almost forgot there is a tsb out for the 2014+ 2.5L. Hatches lower control arm bushings... Mine were a lil squeaky so I had them look and apparently at only 10k miles they were shot.. And I autocrossed it like that and still felt really good but it did seem like I had to make a ton of small steering corrections.

Haven't autoxed it since I have had them replaced but it does feel more stable so if your going to be blasting comes this summer I highly recommend you telling the dealer they squeak every once in a while and get the new bushings and free alignment ��

andres3165 06-12-2015 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stickertuner (Post 9825825)
Has any one else autocrossed their 2014+ Skyactiv?

I ran mine a few weekends ago and OMG!!! It is wayyyyyy faster than my 2010 2.5L was! On stock suspension and just a short ram for a power adder I crushed my old lap times by 2+ seconds! But yeah the new "sport" mode for the automatics makes a massive diff. It holds the gear much much longer and is a lot quicker on the shifts and the biggest thing is that when you let off the gas it holds the gear anticipating you to just floor it again so it doesn't waste time up shifting just to have to down shift and accelerate. Honestly I think the reason I was sooo much quicker was because of the sport mode helping with shifts.

I would say this new 2.5L mazda3 is going to be a beast in stock classes

If your interested I can post a link for the results ...

Hope you are right, love that car

Andres