Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum (http://www.mazda3forums.com/forumindex.php)
-   Release / Pricing (http://www.mazda3forums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Help with pricing my 3!? (http://www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?t=546746)

Tempest_ 09-18-2013 01:17 AM

Help with pricing my 3!?

I'm trying to sell my 2007 Mazda 3 Sport Sedan (ATX) and I'd like to get the forum's opinion on what I should list my car for.

The car has 65xxx miles on it and has a few mods which I will list at the end of the post. There has been no damage to the car since I've had it and the car is in very, very good and clean condition. I work at a detailing/car wash and so I make sure my car is always in top shape due to the free washes I am given.

My Mods:

HKS Hi-Power CBE
AEM Cold Air Intake
Throttle Body Ground
Hypertech Premium Tune (I'm probably just going to tune it back to stock settings when I sell the car.)
Hella Supertones
EBC Yellowstuffs
SS Brake Lines
Powerstop Drilled and Slotted Rotors
Black Plastidipped Wheels
Black Emblems
Evil M Rear Badge

Being that I bought the car for $12000 cash at around 61000-62000 miles, I was hoping to get between $10000-11000 for it as a private sale, but let me know what you think it's worth!

philrab 09-18-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempest_ (Post 8935050)
I'm trying to sell my 2007 Mazda 3 Sport Sedan (ATX) and I'd like to get the forum's opinion on what I should list my car for.

The car has 65xxx miles on it and has a few mods which I will list at the end of the post. There has been no damage to the car since I've had it and the car is in very, very good and clean condition. I work at a detailing/car wash and so I make sure my car is always in top shape due to the free washes I am given.

My Mods:

HKS Hi-Power CBE
AEM Cold Air Intake
Throttle Body Ground
Hypertech Premium Tune (I'm probably just going to tune it back to stock settings when I sell the car.)
Hella Supertones
EBC Yellowstuffs
SS Brake Lines
Powerstop Drilled and Slotted Rotors
Black Plastidipped Wheels
Black Emblems
Evil M Rear Badge

Being that I bought the car for $12000 cash at around 61000-62000 miles, I was hoping to get between $10000-11000 for it as a private sale, but let me know what you think it's worth!

First of all, your car will almost undoubtedly be worth more put back to stock. If left the way it is, you're going to have to hope someone sees it that likes the mods you did, otherwise you're going to get beat up on price.

Secondly, it's a buyer's market right now. KBB and NADA value will give you a ball park figure, but everyone is low balling right now (partially due to a lack of buyers and available financing for used cars.) Start with KBB and NADA values, but with a modified car I wouldn't expect top dollar. Better bet would be to part the car out and go back to stock. That way you can get some of your money out of the mods, and sell a stock car to a wider audience.

thevalor 09-24-2013 10:19 AM

I just sold my car, witch was very similar to yours. I had a 2008 sport hatch with 70,000 miles. I had quite a few mods, but put as much back to stock as I could. I left the aftermarket intake, suspension and a few cosmetic mods on. I got $7,000 for it. I might have gotten a higher price if it had not been in an accident a few years back where an airbag was deployed.

Good luck with your sale!

Alex

Tempest_ 09-25-2013 04:56 PM

Thanks for the replies, guys. I think I am convinced to put it mostly back to stock other than the brake kit and just sell the exhaust and what not. Hopefully I can get around 10500 for my car once I've done this because I'm ready to upgrade to a speed3!