Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum (http://www.mazda3forums.com/forumindex.php)
-   Release / Pricing (http://www.mazda3forums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Need Advice, Should I cancel my extended warranty? (http://www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?t=384911)

pittsburghmazda3 06-24-2011 12:46 AM

Need Advice, Should I cancel my extended warranty?

So the car is 2 years old this month, and is already out of the 3 year, 36k bumper to bumper warranty (37k miles), but I still have the remaining 5 year, 60k powertrain factory warranty remaining. When I purchased the car, I also purchased the extended warranty (forget what company) for 5 years, 60k, that covers miscellaneous crap, and if something goes wrong, I have to pay $100 deductible. I also purchased the extended service plan, that basically just reimburses for my oil changes (up to $68). A synthetic oil change at my dealer is $74, so i end up basically paying $6 per oil change.

Anyways, I'm thinking about cancelling these, and getting the prorated amount back. I had the extended warranty on my old 3, and never used it (had car to 55k miles, engine went at 45k, but the factory powertrain warranty covered that) and got the prorated amount back when I traded it in. What do you guys think?

kob 06-24-2011 01:09 PM

Re: Need Advice, Should I cancel my extended warranty?

I have a regular 3 and have 60,000 miles. I've spent 500 bucks on repairs in that period. It was to replace the left cv axle. I contemplated getting the extended warranty when I bought it, but it seems the car is pretty reliable. Oh, an engine mount went bad too but that was fixed under warranty. I guess it depends on how much you're paying for your extended warranty and how much you'll get back if you cancel.

MATeusMAZda 09-17-2011 03:02 PM

You should look around in your area. More often times than not, there will be a mazda certified master tech working at another dealership. Depending on how much your extended warranty costs, it may not even be worth it. Plus there are plenty of people on this forum that are more than willing to help and or aid you with problemo's. good luck!! :)

snwslasher27 09-21-2011 02:13 PM

extended warranties are usually the best way for dealerships to make more money with out doing much in return, they always tend to try and balme any problems on sometihng else, avoiding their warranty at all costs, it can go either way but tends to be worth it to save the money and not buy the extended (same goes for any offer they try to get you to buy after purchasing a car)