Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum (http://www.mazda3forums.com/forumindex.php)
-   Consumer Reviews (http://www.mazda3forums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   mazda speed 3 (http://www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?t=383046)

frank120 05-15-2011 04:04 PM

mazda speed 3

hey guys newbie here!!

heres my background i came from evos and im tired of how unreliable they are... so i decided to look into mazda speeds. what should i look out for on mazda speed 3s? what about speed 6s? i want to know everything i can before i make such a big purchase.. my main concern is...do mazda speeds have bad transmissions? i want to be able to bang through gears no problem.. and how do mazda speed 3s respond to vta bovs?any info will help alot thanks!

frank120 05-15-2011 05:02 PM

Re: mazda speed 3

whats the difference between 2006 2007 2008 and 2009 speed 3s?

AxelaPower 05-25-2011 10:33 PM

mazdas are great cars and the speed 3 is a nice looking quick car i recomend going with the speed 3 if your more into street looks but the speed 6 is also nice too the transmissions on mazdas are good not the best though but all in all mazdas are great cars if u get one keep me posted id love to see what u would do to it

Rosa 06-02-2011 08:52 PM

I love my Mazda speed 3. I've been banging thru my gears for 2.5 years and I haven't had any problems yet. My friend even (at my reluctance and subsequent shame) couldn't "drive my clutch". And the car has survived that as well. I have 42,000 miles on it and the gears feel as tight as ever!

say chi sin lo 06-03-2011 02:45 AM

Stock for stock, there won't be huge differences between your EVO and the MS3. If anything, the MS3 may "feel" faster because of its FWD nature, it's sort of chaotic, but that's also the fun factor :). Also, because it's only driving two wheels, there's less drivetrain lost.

Won't comment much on the styling because that's highly subjective. But I love the way it looks, I think its sleeper look is quite stylish.

If you can convince yourself you'll be happy with ~300-350hp and can care less about AWD, get the MS3. It's cheaper, more practical, more or less equally fast from factory.

But if you think you won't be satisfied until you hit 400hp, and you feel like you can't live without AWD, keep the EVO or look elsewhere. I won't ever get near 400hp with my MS3, so please don't quote me. But I think it'll take more work to get 400hp out of the MS3 than it is for the EVO.