Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum (http://www.mazda3forums.com/forumindex.php)
-   Release / Pricing (http://www.mazda3forums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Soooo close to getting my Mazda3 Hatchback. Advice? (http://www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?t=380432)

AustinPhoenix 03-19-2011 05:00 PM

Soooo close to getting my Mazda3 Hatchback. Advice?

Hey all!!

I'm new to the forum...because I haven't bought my Mazda yet. :) I stress the word YET!

I got a purchase order for 22,850 + tt&l. I wanted to make sure this was a good deal for a 2011 Hatchback Auto GT with Tech Package. It MSRPs for 26,440 and invoices for 24,926 but didn't know if anybody was getting better deals since it's so close to the end of the quarter.

Also, when I drove the car, the cover that goes on the key hole was off. Is that normal? Does it come off/go on easily or should I double check to make sure it's not broken?

Also, the car has a little over 100 miles on it and has been in their inventory since November 30, 2010. Should I poke this bruise for some extras like all weather mats or something? What do you think? I don't want to be a jerk, but I plan on keeping this car for a long long time. I just want the car I want for the best price. If you don't think I should poke the bruise, I snuck around the back of their lot and found a clone of this car that's still wrapped in plastic inside and out. Would it be too much to ask for this one?

banjaboy 03-20-2011 09:12 PM

Re: Soooo close to getting my Mazda3 Hatchback. Advice?

Dont worry about trying to get the price you want. all the dealer can say is "No", then you go back tomorrow and make another offer. dont worry, he wont be mad at you and he will still sell you the car lol!!!!!!!!!

AustinPhoenix 03-21-2011 01:00 AM

I found that out in my last email correspondence with the guy. I asked for the Doc fee and the Dealer Tax to be taken off. He said he wouldn't, but would discount the price the same amount because he "has to show it." Then he said 100 miles isn't a big deal, but it's my choice.

He ended it with, "I did my best. Let me know if there's anything else I can do."

I went there today to make sure the plastic wrapped one is still there. So I might show up tomorrow to get that one PDI-ed and put a deposit down on it to hold it while I get the paperwork handled at the credit union.

I think Mazda is giving some incentives to the dealerships to have a good quarter. I would recommended telling your friends to get a Mazda now rather than later because they're hungry.

banjaboy 03-21-2011 01:16 AM

They are hungry here in Canada too, zero % financing for up to 60 months, loyalty bonus if you have owned a Mazda before or someone in your home owns one from 2000 and up, no payments for 90 days, cant be bad.