Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum (http://www.mazda3forums.com/forumindex.php)
-   Models / Trim (http://www.mazda3forums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   =[ Copper Red Mica - VS - Titanium Grey Metallic ]= (http://www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?t=230620)

de_n00b 10-21-2005 08:51 PM

=[ Copper Red Mica - VS - Titanium Grey Metallic ]=

The all time favorite color for majority of people (Titanium Grey Metallic) vs. the HOt Brand new Color of 2006 (Copper Red Mica)

Pros Cons

Copper Red Stands out 5-0 alert!
New color gets NOticebly dirty than Tit. Grey

Titanium Grey Old school fav. everyone has this damn color!!
dirt doens't seem-
THAt noticeble

What do you guys think?

icspots 10-21-2005 09:03 PM

Re: =[ Copper Red Mica - VS - Titanium Grey Metallic ]=

Along with the noticable factor the copper red goes through a pretty big color change spectrum depending on what light it's in. In dim light or on a cloudy day it's very maroonish, but in bright sun it looks very bright/sparkly. A lot like a lava orange with a bunch of red added. My orange purchase was justified on the way to the dealer by the number of gray and blue cars I saw during the drive, and the scarcity of orange ones.

Mz3MadMax 10-23-2005 12:56 AM

I went to the dealer to buy a Ti Gray or Strato Blue Sedan S ... I drove out in a Copper-Red 5 door ... :D

RoadWarrior 10-23-2005 01:42 AM

I had a 2004 Titanium Gray hatch, was interested in the Cooper Red and went to see one of the first ones in Southern Calfornia but didn't really care much for the color but the White Water Pearl caught my eye and that's what I bought.....

de_n00b 10-30-2005 02:47 AM

[quote author=RoadWarrior link=topic=32015.msg449868#msg449868 date=1130046152]
I had a 2004 Titanium Gray hatch, was interested in the Cooper Red and went to see one of the first ones in Southern Calfornia but didn't really care much for the color but the White Water Pearl caught my eye and that's what I bought.....
[/quote]

I heard that costs more, but its worth it i guess... heh

is it Purrrty? show us pics if you could please ! thank yous :P

de_n00b 10-30-2005 02:50 AM

[quote author=MZ3MadMax link=topic=32015.msg449817#msg449817 date=1130043385]
I went to the dealer to buy a Ti Gray or Strato Blue Sedan S ...* I drove out in a Copper-Red 5 door ... :D
[/quote]

hows the tranny on the 06 models? do they ride smoothly? have they been updated?

jdesclafani 10-30-2005 02:20 PM

i like the red~!!!

fiji mazda3 10-30-2005 04:06 PM

All these colors pale in comparison to the Black Cherry color that comes on the Shinka RX-8s. Freaking gorgeous!

But I'll stick with my tried and true Tit. Grey, for now. :D

-KT- 10-30-2005 04:20 PM

I think both colors look very hot, depends on how much flash you want to the car. Like you said, the copper red is sure to turn heads. I love the ti grey because it soooo sparkley and I always wanted a silver car.

dmention7 10-30-2005 04:57 PM

Age-old debate... flashy vs classy lol

I wanted strato blue, but the only thing in the state with the options I wanted was ti-grey. (would've waited, but my old car was heading downhill fast)
I went with my second choice, and haven't regretted it for a second. though I do get a little jealous when I see a lava orange hatch

To make this post worthwhile, I'll toss in some advice for peolpe facing this decision: Check out the mods you may want to do... what kind of rims do you like? Will you tint the windows? etc. Some of those peripheral choices might help you narrow down the main one.