Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum (http://www.mazda3forums.com/forumindex.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.mazda3forums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=339)
-   -   MPV vs. Mazda5- Now I'm glad I made the decision to go with the 5! (http://www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?t=229132)

Mazda5_4_me! 09-28-2005 10:24 PM

MPV vs. Mazda5- Now I'm glad I made the decision to go with the 5!

We intended to buy a MPV, narrowing our search for the perfect car. And we were walking to the sales office to fill out the forms, we saw the Mazda5 just as it was bring rolled into the sales floor for the first time. Bought it on site. Perfect car for us, with two teens and their friends, and our sheltie "Walley". Then the fateful day came when we had to turn our little MZ5 back in for the recall! Well they got us a new 2006 MPV to drive for now, and I'll tell you the truth, the MZ5 is so much better in every way. Don't get me wrong, the MPV is still better than anything else out there, but the 5 is sooooooooooo good! :lol: If the brand new '07 MPV is anything like the 5, I may trade up for the roomier new MPV! Slate

cranetech 10-11-2005 04:28 PM

Re: MPV vs. Mazda5- Now I'm glad I made the decision to go with the 5!

I agree. While we werent considering an MPV i know that i would not want one. We were about to buy a 6 when we saw the 5. I love the versatility of it and am not disappointed with the amount of room at all. The MPV fits in our garage but my wife definitely likes the size of the 5 much better. She keeps asking me when we get the 5 back. :(
I am surprised they are making an 06, i thought i heard they were discontinuing it due to poor sales. well, thats the internet talking anyway.

3+5 10-14-2005 12:45 PM

We looked at a 6 as well, and now that we have one (rental), I'm glad we got the 5. The wife has no problem driving the 6, she says it keeps the miles off her 5! I want my 5 back though.

See the R series Mercedes commercials? Damn thing is just like a 5, but almost twice as much $$. I don't think they'll have problems selling the 5, but they have to get their stuff together and get the fix in for the exhaust. Then they'll need more aggressive marketing, otherwise nobody will notice the 5.

jasonsk287 10-24-2005 10:26 PM

I wonder what the 07 MPV will look like...I don't want to wait until next year I'm so curious!! lol

Will it be a major redesign or just a freshening? (Should be a redesign, it's been out for 7 years).

cranetech 11-09-2005 04:19 PM

[quote author=jasonsk287 link=topic=30446.msg451756#msg451756 date=1130207179]
I wonder what the 07 MPV will look like...I don't want to wait until next year I'm so curious!! lol

Will it be a major redesign or just a freshening? (Should be a redesign, it's been out for 7 years).
[/quote]

Get a 5!

3+5 11-10-2005 12:30 PM

I agree! The first time you see a 5 fly past, getting better mileage and handling better, you'll wish you had. Unless you need a ton of extra seating, the 5 has plenty of room and power. Check the standard features. (You better hurry, because the 5's list price is up 2k from when we got ours in July)

Tex 12-23-2005 09:21 PM

[quote author=3+5 link=topic=30446.msg472243#msg472243 date=1131643805]
Check the standard features. (You better hurry, because the 5's list price is up 2k from when we got ours in July)
[/quote]

What are those MSRP's ? I was not aware of the change.

3+5 01-03-2006 12:23 PM

Hmm... confusing. They add destination fee. I went to the MazdaUSA web site, used "build a car", adding 4-speed automatic took the base price from $19,500 to $20,400 and the left side column comes out to the list mine was at with the options I got. The auto trans was an option (I had forgotten). That threw me off I guess, my bad. Been a while since you posted, sorry for the delayed response.