Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum (http://www.mazda3forums.com/forumindex.php)
-   Release / Pricing (http://www.mazda3forums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   HELP me buy a new Mazda3. Need experienced opinions. (http://www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?t=202984)

mazdaspeed3 02-06-2004 01:08 AM

HELP me buy a new Mazda3. Need experienced opinions.

OK, I haven't got it yet. I've been dreaming about this car since motor trend had their first test article.

Here is my story. In december I test drove the 1st M3 the local dealer recieved on his lot. Matter of fact, he let me drive the hell out of it for 3 days straight!!! This was a titanium HB. I drove the hell out of it only because I was planning on asking for a winning blue model, they would have to trade another dealership for.

The deal went sour and I left bummed out because my 97 Camaro had too much negitive equity, and to roll it over ment a 13.9% APR.

Fast forward till this morning:

The dealer called and told me the one I test drove was still on the lot and he was desperate to sell it. He has been nothing but upfront and COMPLETELY honest with me.

ok, I owe $6832 on my Camaro. The best offer in the past year I've had on it as a trade was $3000. Team Mazda Cars of Rock Hill offered me $4000. as long as i paid msrp. <---Sweet deal. this still left me with $2832 left in neg. equity.

This morning he offered to give me the M3 @ pure invoice.

My problems are this:

1. I drove the HELL out of this car before it's brake in period was up.

2. I'll still have too much negitive equity and will have to take out an equity line on my house or a personal loan(high apr) from my credit union.

3. I really had my heart set on winning blue.

But, considering all this it is still a SWEET deal.

What do ya'll think?

LeeLee 02-06-2004 09:25 AM

I wouldn't hesitate to walk away, at all. Try to sell your Camaro privately.

I would never buy the car you test drove, and invoice is not a good deal for a car with that kind of mileage on it. I bought my car with 2 miles on it and paid $118 below invoice (before another $1000 in rebates).

dja0323 02-06-2004 09:56 AM

Definitely try to sell the car privately. Why buy a car in a color you don't want? That doesn't make any sense. You have to live with it for around 5 years (depending on how often you buy new cars, it could be a lot longer). I don't see the point in spending over $15,000 on something you're not COMPLETELY happy with.