Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum

Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum (http://www.mazda3forums.com/forumindex.php)
-   Release / Pricing (http://www.mazda3forums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   For those of you in the States, Here are the prices! (http://www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?t=201216)

Bone 10-21-2003 11:20 PM

For those of you in the States, Here are the prices!

No more guessing folks, prices, specs and features are all right here:

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/mazda3/main.jsp

Just to get you started:

i (2.0L) 4-door $13,680
s (2.3L) 4-door $16,405
s (2.3L) 5-door $16,895

Kazbaeden 10-21-2003 11:24 PM

WOOOOOO!!!!

Joy!

I was just off to bed. I can't go and do a thing like that now.

Seems to me like the i is a pretty pointless car if you want ABS. If you get ABS you have to get AC, and the Power Package, and you're already at the starting price of the S. Same boat with the moon roof.

Nav is 1700...

eh, just look at it all yourselves... here're the direct links.

Pricing

Specs

rpc180 10-22-2003 12:04 AM

Now all we need is the release date, though it should most likely be December for sure, right? :shock:

schulkw 10-22-2003 02:47 AM

I just priced my 3s and it's $22015.

$16896 Base
$800 ABS
$890 Moonroof
$490 Sport Pkg
$700 Xenon
$590 Leather
$1750 Nav

I might do away with leather so I can get the two-tone seats. Plus I might not get the Nav b/c I don't think I'd ever use it. So I'm looking at under $20K. :-D

anamnesis 10-22-2003 04:06 AM

I'm a little surprised, possibly miffed, that we are stuck with certain sport cloth seats for certain exterior paint colors. You do not have much choice between red or blue sport seats if you want a certain paint color. I'm planning on Titanium Grey, and only the red sport seats are available. Not so sure (because I haven't seen them yet) but I was favoring blue. Leather is only $600 but nonetheless, the available variations are somewhat limited ... not a whole lot of mixing and matching you can do. But then again, this is common in America. :?

jay 10-22-2003 04:31 AM

um..from your base price, i'm assuming you're looking to get the 5-door hatch, which only comes in s model. that means there's no need for the sport pkg, as the hatch comes standard with the 17" alloys and side sill extensions, so you can knock $490 off that price.

i just finished printing out the 12 pages of specs (quicker personal access to the info), and i must say that i am very impressed. just too many things to try to discuss...so i won't even bring them up. i'm sure in the next couple days though..there will be many discussions started as far as the now U.S. confirmed specs go.

schulkw 10-22-2003 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "jay"
um..from your base price, i'm assuming you're looking to get the 5-door hatch, which only comes in s model. that means there's no need for the sport pkg, as the hatch comes standard with the 17" alloys and side sill extensions, so you can knock $490 off that price.

i just finished printing out the 12 pages of specs (quicker personal access to the info), and i must say that i am very impressed. just too many things to try to discuss...so i won't even bring them up. i'm sure in the next couple days though..there will be many discussions started as far as the now U.S. confirmed specs go.

Not the 5-door. I was pricing the sedan. Did I look at the wrong one?

jay 10-22-2003 06:45 AM

yes. the 4-door sedan s starts at 16,405...basically the price of the hatch minus the sport package. either way, you're looking at taking off $490 from the price you added up.

rpc180 10-22-2003 07:39 AM

There's also the $520 destination fee in uber small print on the pricing sheet.

folderol 10-22-2003 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "anamnesis"
I'm a little surprised, possibly miffed, that we are stuck with certain sport cloth seats for certain exterior paint colors. You do not have much choice between red or blue sport seats if you want a certain paint color. I'm planning on Titanium Grey, and only the red sport seats are available. Not so sure (because I haven't seen them yet) but I was favoring blue.

With some colors (silver, gray and black) I can totally understand. The other colors either reflect or contrast the exterior. And it looks like Japan is pretty much in the same boat with their SP23 models... it's gotta be a cost reduction issue. And I do think the blue two-tone looks better than the red, at least in photos. But they're going for a sort of black and red (orange?) theme for the dash, so at least that matches.

And it's still better than the current ES/P5 cloth, which is off-black only.