Tony, what is happening between between 5.5-6K rpm? The line stops then takes back up again? What is going on with the torque curve? It doesn't look smooth and varied quite a bit from run to run?
I'm not entirely sure... I think it was losing a signal from the wire. Here is a graph vs MPH as indicated by the dynomometer. I had graphs of each printed out should there be an issue comparing the before vs the after on one or the other.
As for the torque curve, I think that has a lot to do with my craptastic worn motor mounts.
I did this my my RMM on my old car (before it got totaled.) It definitely helps, and it's a happy medium between suck and poly. That windshield weld is pretty thick stuff even before it sets, so I'd advise anyone using it to have a decent quality caulking gun ( I bent the handle on my cheapy just squirting the stuff into the mount). I believe 4 days to cure is probably conservative, as I gave mine 8 hours and reinstalled it. I did let it set for 24 hours before driving though.
I've noticed a huge difference in the pliability from the 24 hrs after filling the mount, to 48 hrs, and now at 72 hrs(just checked) it is basically solid.
Stock with no filling you can twist the mount by hand with relative ease quite a bit. At 24hrs you can tell only the outside is cured as you can still move the mount pretty easily and watch the stuff stretch. 48 hrs it was noticeably stiffer but when poking the window weld you can tell it's not quite 100% cured... and just checked at the 72hr mark you can feel it's stiff as it will probably get, and doesn't feel gooey at all when pushed with force. You can barely flex it by hand now except when exerting a lot of force on it.
I think 3 days is probably about right. Doubt I will see a difference tomorrow but will report if I feel otherwise.
My main reason is aftermarket mounts = $$ and I don't have the time to bother fabbing my own, though I MIGHT go that route for the RMM since it's very simple to do. I could even just make a big empty "hole", but a sleeve for the bolt to go through, hold it all in place and fill the space with window weld... making it my own bushing. Actually that sounds like a pretty darn neat idea... it will only cost about $20 in materials at very most.
Originally Posted by downhome_grown
i'm going to do the same thing with JB Weld and see how it turns out. i looked on their website and the breaking points are way higher than anything it would see in this application
JB Weld is going to be MESSY as hell... I hate the stuff personally.
Are you changing classes - the 'work' you did to he motor mount is not HS legal.
Yes, I've been running in STF since event #2 this year. The ECM tune is not legal for HS either. I look forward to see if it's a really noticeable difference this weekend.