Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum - View Single Post - Help with pricing my 3!?
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 08:21 AM
philrab
F1 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest_ View Post
I'm trying to sell my 2007 Mazda 3 Sport Sedan (ATX) and I'd like to get the forum's opinion on what I should list my car for.

The car has 65xxx miles on it and has a few mods which I will list at the end of the post. There has been no damage to the car since I've had it and the car is in very, very good and clean condition. I work at a detailing/car wash and so I make sure my car is always in top shape due to the free washes I am given.

My Mods:

HKS Hi-Power CBE
AEM Cold Air Intake
Throttle Body Ground
Hypertech Premium Tune (I'm probably just going to tune it back to stock settings when I sell the car.)
Hella Supertones
EBC Yellowstuffs
SS Brake Lines
Powerstop Drilled and Slotted Rotors
Black Plastidipped Wheels
Black Emblems
Evil M Rear Badge

Being that I bought the car for $12000 cash at around 61000-62000 miles, I was hoping to get between $10000-11000 for it as a private sale, but let me know what you think it's worth!
First of all, your car will almost undoubtedly be worth more put back to stock. If left the way it is, you're going to have to hope someone sees it that likes the mods you did, otherwise you're going to get beat up on price.

Secondly, it's a buyer's market right now. KBB and NADA value will give you a ball park figure, but everyone is low balling right now (partially due to a lack of buyers and available financing for used cars.) Start with KBB and NADA values, but with a modified car I wouldn't expect top dollar. Better bet would be to part the car out and go back to stock. That way you can get some of your money out of the mods, and sell a stock car to a wider audience.

2007 Phantom Purple hatch; JBR RMM/busihgs/shifter plate, Koni STR.t's, Michelin Pilot AS3's, Spin on oil filter conversion, stubby antenna, Kenwood KDC-X997 hu + Sundown Audio SA12 + Infinity speakers + JL 320.4 amp, debadged and door edge guards removed, Lamin-X + indy fog mod, aluminum AC knobs, DIY SRI, TRS 5000K HIDs, more coming.
Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Newb Thread: please read this!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome