Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum - View Single Post - dgross7's STF build thread
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 11:11 PM
XCNuse
F1 Driver

C&D did a good comparison of a selection of brakes. I came across it when GrifN was trying to figure out what to get (wanted stock but enough convincing from all sides was that was a bad idea).

But yeah, pretty good short read. HPS are good when cold, but AWFUL for trackdays, surely fine for AutoX, but once warmed up they begin to fail very fast; friend in a speed miata learned that the unfortunate way at the last track day. My new brakes have HPS pads and I will absolutely be swapping the fronts at least for something with more bite.
Otherwise, I've been very happy with my EBC Yellows. Plenty of dust compared to stock but that's to be expected, braking is excellent, and when up to temperature also great. I only had an issue with mine once at that trackday, pushed to hard, had a bit more fade than I wanted, but oddly that only occurred once.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/performance-brake-pads-compared-hawk-hps-hawk-hp-plus-ebc-yellowstuff/

'06 Whitewater Pearl build |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome