Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum - View Single Post - dgross7's STF build thread
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 11:01 PM
flatlander937

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgross7 View Post
Right now I am torn on the brakes. While they are a definite improvement, I wonder whether the change to hawk HPS pads or the speed 3 calipers made the largest improvement. I only had stock pads on before.

And thanks for bringing the flaps to my attention, after reading more carefully I see I am not allowed to modify them.
I'll say I'm unimpressed with HPS pads vs stock pads. I found no more overall stopping power, but they are easier to modulate and not so grabby. They're not bad or anything, just pointing out that most of your improvement is likely from the calipers and larger rotors.

I will go for EBC yellow pads next, others here have reported they are way better than HPS for autocross. I'll do those and 3S upgrade at the same time likely.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Mazda 3i Touring /// Hawk HPS front pads /// Goodyear Eagle GT 205/50R17 on stock wheels /// Ghetto fabulous filled motor mount

Guinea pig for Dynotronics tuning.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome