Mazda3 Forums : The #1 Mazda 3 Forum - View Single Post - Finally: ACCURATE Cosworth Intake dyno on NA
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
XCNuse
F1 Driver

Finally: ACCURATE Cosworth Intake dyno on NA

Did another dyno pull yesterday and compared it to my lines from back in January.
No worries, the dyno is accurate and corrects for changes in atmosphere.

The dotted line is the pull from when I had the header installed.

For those not following my build thread; engine mods as follows
Takeda SRI
SR*S Exhaust
Draxas Exhaust Manifold
Cosworth Intake Manifold
60mm port and polish throttle body

But finally.... this is an accurate representation of what the Cosworth does on our engines.

Yes, it does indeed peak power at the very top end.
I need to pick up one of Cain's phenolic spacers but he has been having issues finding the material at a good price.
BUT, if I can get my hands on that, it'd be interesting to see what that does as it technically extends the runners another solid inch which should be interesting.

Oddly enough is the increase in torque, which I originally figured was throttle response (which.. still is true, after installing this intake manifold the engine certainly revved more quickly)

Final HP came out to 148hp from 141hp
So the gain of power at the very top, unfortunately it holds low in the 5600rpm range, but peaks after that.

But keep in mind, this is not about making power or not; it's about showing the difference of line the Cosworth manifold has.

'06 Whitewater Pearl build |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by XCNuse; 09-02-2012 at 02:32 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome